5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bay of Fundy
- a The highest tide change (30 feet) in the world is in what place in Canada?
- b By 1957, Canada was a leading oil producer, and now has the ___ largest reserves.
- c What is the largest French-speaking city in the Americas?
- d In what city did the first dominion parliament meet in 1867?
- e What province was the first with hospital insurance plan and universal prepaid medical care?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the most populous province in Canada, and how many people does it have?
- The dominion parliament passed what act in August of 1914?
- What province has the last farmland, and how many square kilometers does it have?
- What does Canada mean in the Huron-Iroquois language?
- How much money was raised for World War I?
5 True/False questions
Timber, Oil, Mining, Aircraft, Fishing, Insurance, Natural gas, → What three groups moved in large numbers to Canada immediately after World War II?
Joey Smallwood (Canada's Walter Cronkite) → What newscaster promoted the joining of Newfoundland to Canada?
Atlantic provinces (because low Education levels but has a lot of oil and gas exploration) → What does UNESCO stand for (mentioned in notes, but not sure if important)?
1949; Newfies needed money, better education (built schools), fishing industry → Newfoundland (The Rock) remained independent until what year?
Sir John McDonald → Who was Canada's first prime minister?