5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical management of anaphylactic shock
- Medical management of neurogenic shock
- Two symptoms common to all types of shock?
- Body's compensatory mechanisms for shock
- a Increased HR, vasoconstriction, activates renin angiotensin mechanisms, ADH increases, increase secretion of epinephrine and norepinephrine to increase BP and HR.
- b mental confusion and oliguria
- c bleeding out
- d Remove causitive agent.
Order of TX:
Epi IV to provide vasoconsrictive action and bronchodilation
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) IV to reverse histamine effectsa
Nebulized albuterol (Proventil) to reverse histamine-induced bronchospasm.
Oral steroid such as methylprednisolone (Solumedrol) for longer lasting antiinflammatory effects.
- e Stabilization of spinal cord injury, positioning spinal anesthetic patient properly, giving glucose for hypoglycemia.
5 Multiple choice questions
- MASSIVE VASODILATION resulting in relative hypovolemia (3 divisions: anaphylactic, neurogenic, septic)
- Extremes of age, Immunosuppression, Chronic illness, Malnutrition.
- to reverse low BP effect of nitroglycerin and morphine (MS) by elevating BP to perfuse vital organs. Causes peripheral vasoconstriction (alpha 1) and increases the force of contraction (beta 1 w/ IV fusion only). Potential to cause tachycardia.
- DECREASED: CO, stroke volume, UO, ventricular emptying, tissue perfusion, blood pressure, LOC.
- Loss of sympathetic tone (disruption of SNS)
Skin warm and dry, decreasd BP, Decreased HR, Decreased Temperature.
5 True/False questions
Nursing considerations during cardiogenic shock → vital signs, electrolyte imbalance, I&O, correct acidosis
hypovolemic shock → vasodilation d/t nerve injury and suppression of SNS.
Nursing considerations for hypovolemic shock → vital signs, electrolyte imbalance, I&O, correct acidosis
Shock → vasodilation d/t mediators of inflammatory process in response to overwhelming INFECTION - 40-70% mortality rate depending on organism.
Nursing concerns for neurogenic shock → VS, elastic compression stockings, HOB elevated 30 degrees.