5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Checks and Balances
- a A system that gives each branch of government different powers so that each branch can watch over the authority of the others.
- b To talk with another to work out an agreement.
- c An opening or a low place between mountains.
- d An official population count.
- e To accuse a government official, such as the President, of
5 Multiple choice questions
- An ancient symbol of peace.
- To use warships to prevent other ships from entering or leaving a harbor.
- A plan for spending money.
- A single event that causes important and dramatic change.
- The freedom of people to make their own laws.
5 True/False questions
Independence → A law or set of laws.
Commerce → A person who first settles a new place.
Proclamation → An official statement.
Ally → A partner in an alliance; a friend, especially in times of war.
Pacifist → A believer in the peaceful settlement of differences.