5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- humanae vitae
- fruitful love
- a manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure
- b The Latin title of Pope Paul VI's encyclical meaning, "Of Human Life," reaffirming that the use of artificial birth control is intrinsically wrong. This document has sometimes been called prophetic for its accurate prediction of the decline in morality which would occur if the use of artificial birth control became widespread.
- c hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitocin)
- d to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to others
- e love that is life-giving, because it is free, total, and faithful. It is open to procreation in the physical realm and is life-giving in the spiritual and emotional realm as well.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the responsibility that every artist has to represent persons with dignity, especially through the depiction of the human body in artistic form.
- Women celibates who generally live in convents and dedicate themselves to active ministry wherever there is a need.
- foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration
- doctrine that society should be governed by certain ethical principals that are part of nature and as such can be understood by reason
- a compulsive and frequent habit of seeking sexual pleasures
5 True/False questions
one-flesh union → the loving embrace of a married couple through sexual intercourse, in which they become "one-flesh". The Scriptures teach that this union prefigures the total communion we will have with God in heaven.
objectify → the power of making free choices
fornication → the particular occupation for which you are trained
contraception → birth control by the use of devices (diaphragm or intrauterine device or condom) or drugs or surgery
primordial sacrament → judging whether an action is right or wrong, based upon the truths that God has revealed to us