5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ordinatio sacerdotalis
- birth control
- humanae vitae
- contemplative prayer
- a normally refers to the general method of preventing pregnancy through various ways of altering or changing the body's natural state of fertility into a state of infertility
- b The Latin title of Pope Paul VI's encyclical meaning, "Of Human Life," reaffirming that the use of artificial birth control is intrinsically wrong. This document has sometimes been called prophetic for its accurate prediction of the decline in morality which would occur if the use of artificial birth control became widespread.
- c An apostolic letter written by John Paul II in 1994 regarding the reservation of the priesthood to men alone.
- d "A gaze of faith, fixed on Jesus" and the mysteries of His life. It is placing oneself in God's presence and resting there in His love.
- e the particular occupation for which you are trained
5 Multiple choice questions
- love that is committed. That commitment guides all other actions. You keep your promises once you have made them, no matter how your feelings may change.
- The capability of the body to speak its own language and to communicate without words.
- make impersonal or present as an object
- natural family planning
- A practice or norm created by the Church that is firm and should be followed, but could be changed by the Church in the future. Examples are abstaining from meat on Fridays during Lent, needing to be sixteen years old to be a confirmation sponsor, and priestly celibacy. This is different than Church doctrine (teaching) which is unchanging.
5 True/False questions
language of love → love that is committed. That commitment guides all other actions. You keep your promises once you have made them, no matter how your feelings may change.
ontological → of or relating to ontology
sexual addiction → to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to others
encyclical → of or relating to ontology
nuns → Women who withdraws from the world to avoid the temptations in order to live a Christian life.