Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (10)
What type of transition is being used when a group fitness instructor has participants perform a grapevine immediately followed by single-leg curls
What type of transition is being used when a group fitness instructor has participants perform an overhead press combined with a step-up?
Which of the following is an example of a landmark cue?
- gently placing fingertips on a participant's shoulders and drawing them back until neutral posture is reached
- an instructor placing a hand above a participant's low back during a plank exercise and then asking the participant to pull up toward the hand
- instruct participants to soften the knees and bring the chin to neutral before performing shoulder raises
- ask participants to visualize themselves lowering into a chair during a squat
An instructor placing a hand above a participant's low back during a plank exercise and then asking the participant to pull up toward the hand
Which of the following would be the most appropriate way for a GFI to use his or her hand as a landmark to cue a participant who is in a collapsed side plank?
- ask the participant to lift his or her hips while the instructor uses his or her hand to provide a visual gesture of raising a flat hand until the desired position is reached
- place the hand above the top hip, asking the participant to lift the hips until they feel the palm of the hand
- place the hand under the bottom hip and gently press the bottom hip up while asking the participant to lift
- ask the participant to watch as the instructor demonstrates the proper form while using a hand to tap the tp hip when it reaches the correct position
Place the hand above the top hip, asking the participant to lift the hips until they feel the palm of the hand
Which of the following would be the most appropriate corrective feedback for a GFI to provide to participants having trouble keeping their heels on the ground during a squat?
- don't allow your heels to leave the ground
- if your heels are coming off the ground, you are doing the exercise wrong
- lift the chest, draw the shoulders back, and engage your core
- visualize sitting back into a chair and you lower into the squat
Visualize sitting back into a chair and you lower into the squat
Which class education strategy is being used when a group fitness instructor teaches participants how to adapt a yoga pose to be done behind a desk to help improve posture?
- health benefits
A participant who feels that his or her hip is dipping during the birddog exercise and makes an adjustment based on this feeling is demonstrating which type of feedback?
A participant approaches a group fitness instructor after class to let the instructor know that the music was too loud. In addition to thanking the participant for the feedback, what is the most appropriate course of action for the instructor to take?
- ask the participant if he or she can relay the feedback to the facility manager
- suggest the participant attend more classes to become comfortable with the volume
- explain that the music level is well within the recommended guidelines
- decrease the music level for the next class
Decrease the music level for the next class
How can GFIs enhance their teaching abilities?
- give short educational seminars after class
- volunteer at local health fairs
- critique the abilities of other instructors
- attend classes taught by other instructors
Attend classes taught by other instructors
A group fitness instructor notices that for the past few weeks she has been experiencing an increased resting heart rate, sleep loss, and fatigue. Based on these symptoms, what is the instructor most likely experiencing?
- mental burnout
Sets found in the same folder
ACE group fitness exam part 1
ACE Group Fitness Exam Part 2
Chapter 1 quiz
Other sets by this creator
Other Quizlet sets
USPSTF Screening guidelines