5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a "Wedge-shaped" writing made with a reed stylus on clay tablets, dating to around 3000 B.C. Initially used by Sumerians then by others later, writing was mostly for recordkeeping then literature.
- b A subset of Homo Sapiens, appeared in 100,000 B.C.. Remains have been found in Europe and the Middle East. Used a variety of stone tools and were the first early humans to bury their dead.
- c A massive stepped tower on which sat a temple.
- d The provinces of Egypt, ruled by a Nomarch.
- e Established the Mitanni kingdom in the 16th century B.C. in the mountainous northern border of Mesopotamia.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Priest-carvings" Used by the Egyptians instead of an alphabet, the pictorial writing had several simple scripts as well used for writing on wooden tablets and papyrus.
- "Large stone" like the ones used in Stonehenge, constructed 2100 - 1900 B.C.
- 3000 - 1200 B.C. About 4000 B.C. craftspeople discovered that if you combined copper and tin you made bronze, which was more durable than previous copper tools, leading to the bronze age.
- The first hominids. They lived in East and South Africa 3-4 million years ago and made the first simple stone tools.
- A Hittite king (1370-1330 B.C.) who established control from Western Turkey to Northern Syria, destroyed the power of the Mitanni kingdom, formed an alliance with Egypt and conquered Syria.
5 True/False questions
Mesopotamia → "New Stone." 10,000 - 4000 B.C. People developed agriculture and raised livestock, stopped being nomadic, started living in permanent larger cities, developed specialized trades, divided labor, and men came to dominate society.
Old Kingdom → 2186 - 2125 B.C. An age of prosperity and splendor when the largest pyramids were built and Memphis was the capital. The kings were considered divine and distant from the people.
Neolithic → "New Stone." 10,000 - 4000 B.C. People developed agriculture and raised livestock, stopped being nomadic, started living in permanent larger cities, developed specialized trades, divided labor, and men came to dominate society.
Homo Erectus → "Upright human being." Emerged 1.5 million years ago, used more varied tools and was the first hominid to leave Africa and move to Europe and Asia.
Book of the Dead → The book of instructions for the preservation of the body and judgement of the dead by Osiris for Egyptians.