5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- electric current
- Democritus's Theory
- a a row on the periodic table
- b a reaction in which an acid combines with a base to form salt and water
- c a solid solution of metals or nonmetals dissolved in metals
- d All elements are composed of atoms, which cannot be created, destroyed, or divided.
- e the energy source for electrolysis
5 Multiple choice questions
- a substance that is changed in a chemical reaction
- a picture, an idea, or an object that is built to explain how something else looks or works
- how many electrons can be held in the 2nd energy level?
- a statement that uses symbols, formulas and numbers to stand for a chemical reaction
- do nonmetals tend to lose or gain electrons?
5 True/False questions
single replacement reaction → a reaction in which one element replaces another in a compound
(OH-) → which part of the chemical formula will tell you that the compound is a base?
colloid → a mixture in which the particles are dispersed throughout but are not heavy enough to settle out
slower → at the same temperature, more massive particles move _____ than less massive particles
+2 → what charge does a magnesium ion have?