5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- electron-dot diagram
- a the set of transition metals that are shiny and found in the first row of the periodic table
- b a representation where the chemical symbol represents the nucleus and a series of dots represents the valence electrons
- c a negatively charged particle in an atom
- d which pH would be associated with a weak base (1, 5, 9, 14)?
- e a substance that changes the rate of chemical reactions without being consumed
5 Multiple choice questions
- what charge would an atom have if it lost 3 electrons?
- charged particles that form during chemical changes when one or more valence electrons transfer from one atom to another
- a building block of matter
- a reaction in which energy is released
- the energy needed to start a chemical reaction
5 True/False questions
Dalton's Theory → Atoms are always moving and are capable of joining together.
condensation → a particle in the nucleus that has no charge
Periodic Law → a row on the periodic table
mixture → what color would a solution of window cleaner turn litmus paper?
group → a column on the periodic table