5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomson's Theory
- Periodic Law
- a a protein that speeds up a specific biochemical reaction (biological catalyst)
- b An atom is made up of a positively charged pudding-like material, throughout which electrons can be found.
- c says that the chemical and physical properties of elements are periodic functions of their atomic numbers
- d a mixture in which the particles are dispersed throughout but are not heavy enough to settle out
- e a substance that changes the rate of chemical reactions without being consumed
5 Multiple choice questions
- how many valence electrons does Helium have?
- states that matter cannot be created or destroyed
- the process of freezing, condensation and deposition require that the particles ______ energy
- the sum of protons and neutrons in an atom
- which pH would be associated with a weak base (1, 5, 9, 14)?
5 True/False questions
Democritus's Theory → Matter cannot be divided into smaller and smaller pieces forever. Eventually the smallest piece, called an atom, will be reached.
Actinides → the set of transition metals that are shiny and found in the first row of the periodic table
transition metals → atoms that have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons
crystal lattice → a repeating three-dimensional pattern of ions
single replacement reaction → a reaction in which one element replaces another in a compound