5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- period 1
- Polyatomic Ion
- a what color would pH paper turn in soap?
- b a substance that ionizes in water to produce (H+) ions
- c a neutral group of atoms held together by covalent bonds
- d the substance being dissolved
- e in what period is Helium found?
5 Multiple choice questions
- how would you seperate sugar from water?
- a substance whose water solution conducts an electric current
- Matter cannot be divided into smaller and smaller pieces forever. Eventually the smallest piece, called an atom, will be reached.
- what charge does an aluminum ion have?
- What is one way to increase the speed at which a substance dissolves?
5 True/False questions
3 → what charge would an atom have if it lost 3 electrons?
Democritus's Theory → In an atom, electrons are located in energy levels that are a certain distance away from the nucleus.
compound → a substance formed when atoms of two or more elements join together
reactive → when an atom is capable of taking, giving, or sharing electrons to form a chemical bond with another atom
molecule → what color would a solution of ammonia turn litmus paper?