5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- metallic bond
- a which part of the chemical formula will tell you that the compound is a base?
- b the force of attraction between a positively charged metal ion and the electrons in a metal
- c when one substance cannot be dissolved in another (like oil in water)
- d the change of a substance from a liquid to a gas
- e a substance that is changed in a chemical reaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- matter that has only one kind of atom
- in what period is Helium found?
- An atom is mostly empty space with a dense, positively charged nucleus.
- a substance that slows down a chemical reaction
- states that the higher input of energy, the faster the particles that make up a substance move
5 True/False questions
precipate → a solid that settles to the bottom of a mixture
decomposition → the opposite of a synthesis reaction
Bohr's Theory → Electrons move in definite orbits around the nucleus, like planets circle the sun.
crystal lattice → a repeating three-dimensional pattern of ions
Alkaline Earth Metals → family that has two valence electrons