Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
How do projection?
Terms in this set (82)
What is Ingestion? (Satellite/DCDC Drive)
Ingestion, is the process of obtaining and importing data for immediate use or storage in a database
How do open GDC-TMS on the TMS computer?
1. (Top left corner)
Files > Ingest DCP/KDM
2. Select FTP
3. Click DCDC
4. Click Connect
6. Click "uncheck all"
We do not want to injest all movies.
Difference between FTR - TLR?
FTR: Features via satellite
TLR: Trailer files
(Not the MTV show..)
(Movie Title)-FTR-2D-F-EN-CCAP-4K-51-HI. What does all this mumbo jumbo mean?
FTR - Feature,
2D/3D - 2D or 3D feature F/S - Flat or Scope (Aspect ratio)
EN - English track
CCAP - Closed caption
2k/4k - Presentation
51 - Sound
HI - Hearing impaired
What should the volume be set at in the file of FTR films?
Our servers are unable to ingest:
Atmos, LAS, or 7.1 files
Where are these DCP hard drives located?
Upstairs on the metal rack in the center of the projection booth (Close to the desk)
What unit controls content (via hard drive) that is playing on the projectors?
GDC server. (Big black server next to projectors)
How would one ingest hard drives into the GDC server?
1. Go to GDC server (depending on theatre)
2. Open via latch on right side of unit
3. Make sure sticker on hard drive is facing up when injecting
How to activate hard drives once injected in GDC server?
1. Go to computer screen on the same projector
2. Select control panel (at bottom of screen)
3. Select "manage content" near bottom of screen
4. Select INGEST
5. Select "Source to ingest from"
6. Select CRU (in this case)
7. Select "OK"
8. Select Ingest and choose the correct content
What the heck is a CRU?
Just a hard drive
What the heck is a KDM?
"Key delivery message," Fancy flash drives
How would one plug content onto a Flash Drive?
1. Grab a ____ flash drive
2. Go to ______ computer and open _____ email
3. Find email containing specific _____
4. Open the _____ and transfer the content in the _____ over to the ____
- Is one key good for one movie?
1. Grab a BLANK flash drive
2. Go to projection computer and open projection email
3. Find email containing specific key
4. Open the file and transfer the content in the file over to flash drive
- You may put multiple keys onto one KDM
How to activate KDM's once injected in GDC server?
1. Select ____, Select ___
2. Click the ____ ____ option, select _____ and they're off!
- How can I check on the Injestion process?
- Same steps as hard drive
1. Select USB, Select OK
2. Click the "Select all" option, select Ingest and they're off!
- You may select the STATUS option to check on Ingestion progress
Where would one go to spectate the progress of all theatres?
The GDC-TMS program on the TMS computer. You may overview the progress of each theatre on the Monitoring tab.
This tab may also display ERROR messages.
How would one access a theatre's server?
1. Right click the ___ _____
2. Select view _ _ _
3. Enter password ________
4. Select ___
1. Right click the blue screen (depending on theatre)
2. Select. View GUI
3. Enter password gdcvnc
- There is no username
4. Select OK
Via the theatre server tab, how would one change a film?
1. Select the ___ ____ tab
2. Select ____
4. Select ___ ___ to _____ in the lower right hand corner
5. Return the main page and select ___
1. Select the Edit Show tab
2. Select "shows" tab in upper left corner
3. Select film
4. Select "Load Show to Play" in lower right hand corner
5. Return to main page and select "Play"
How would one skip the trailers?
(If needed ever)
One may control the film timeline via the Info bar
When does the new film week start?
What to do before creating a playlist?
1. Ask Manager to go into "Back office" in Vista to print out the days we would need to schedule.
2. Create the list
How would one get started setting up a playlist for the projectors?
1. Go to the ____ that needs to be scheduled
2. Select ____ ____ tab
3. Select ____ ____ button near the top
4. Name it the movie you're building as well as the _____ _____
- Make sure a playlist has been scheduled prior.
1. Go to the theatre that needs to be scheduled
2. Select "Edit Show" tab
3. Select "New Show" near the top
4. Name it the movie you're building for and the aspect ratio
Why do we put the aspect ration after the show title?
In case the film is formated wrong the title shows us what it should be
Difference between Flat ratio and Scope?
Flat ratio takes up the entire screen
Scope has black bars on top and bottom of the screen
After the projector is set/ready, how would we set up a playlist via the monitoring tab?
1. Right click the ______ that is ready/set
2. Select _____ from _____
3. Right click it again and ____ to _____
4. once the ______ returns, head back to the scheduler
1. Right click the theatre that is ready/set
2. Select "Disconnect from screen"
3. Right click it again and "Connect to screen"
4. Once blue screen returns, head back to scheduler
Once at at scheduler (projector screen?) how would we import new schedule after previous steps?
1. Select ___ in upper left hand corner
2. a window will pop up to _____ a new _____
3. Select _ _ _ , choose the ______ you would like to schedule
4. Select a ___/___ to play the film
- Do we use standard time for scheduling?
1. Select "New" in upper left hand corner
2. A window will pop up to "create a new schedule"
3. Select SPL, choose the playlist you would like to schedule
4. Select a time/date to play film
- We use military time for movie schedules
WE MUST ALWAYS SCHEDULE THE MOVIE ..... 0:00 .... AFTER THE SHOW TIME
ONE MINUTE AND TWENTY SECONDS
What tab would one be able to transfer content located in theatre servers to projectors?
The Content tab
SPL is where each ___________ Is built and stored
KDM is where the _________ for the features are stored
When should we use the DCP tab?
WE do not use the DCP tab
How would we transfer a trailer?
1. Go to ____ tab
2. Right click the piece of content and select _____ _ _ _ (s)
- Always transfer both ___ and ___
- do not transfer anything during a time a movie is playing
- Best time to transfer trailers or movies?
1. Go to trailer tab
2. Right click the piece of content and select "Transfer CPL(s)
- Always transfer both scope and flat
- Do not transfer anything during a time a movie is paying
- Best time for overnight transfers is 3:30am
Each playlist must start with 40 - 50 seconds of __________
During the time of BlackMos, We can format __________
Ques such as lights, sound, and corrected projection format
An example of a good schedule would start with 40-50 seconds of Blackmos ---> 1. _____ spotlight ---> 2. _ _ _ ---> 3. _____---> 4. __ ___ AD ---> 5._____ ID ---> 6. _____ ---> 7._____ (10 sec)
1. BlackMos Spotlight
4. No Phone AD
5. Galaxy ID
7. BlackMos (10 sec)
In which tab can BlackMos be found?
Galaxy ID can be found in which tab?
Trailers can be found in which tab?
Features can be found in which tab?
The Preshow flat/Scope cue turns on the ______ and switches it to the correct ______:
The Start Flat/Scope cue turns down some ______ and switches the ______ over
The Feature cue turns off the ______ completely and turns the _______ up to the studios preference
Put the following cues in order:
1. Preshow Flat/scope
2. Start Flat/Scope
The credit cue must be formatted manually. Credit offsets may be found at:
Google Deluxe Cinime Portal
New trailers will be delivered to the projection _______ every _______ under the title _______ _______ (_____)
-Trailer placement (date)
Once we open the file on the computer near in the ______ of the projection booth, the file may be transfered to the "_____ ______ folder."
_______ the old movies in the folder and ______ the new movies with the ______ they need
Once we have the new trailers in the computer, we can ingest the trailers from the __________. After, we can ______ the ______ to whatever theatre they need to go to
Via the GDCServer on a projector screen, how would we add a Cue to a clip?
1. Go to _____ show
2. Find the _____ you would like to edit
3. Choose ____ cue
4. Click "Please Select ____ ____ Labels"
to add cue you need.
- Ex. select credits cue
5. Click ____ ____ (yellow/grey symbol)
6. Find the _______ offset for the clip, punch it in
7. Click ____ cue
8. Save _____
1. Edit show
3. Edit cue
4. Animation Cue
5. Time section
6. credit offset
7. Add cue
8. Save show
How would one turn on a projector......?
On the right side of the projector there is a control panel. Find ORANGE button that says "key lock."
- Hold the button down until it is WHITE
-After that, below that button is the power button.
- Hold the button down until the lights atop the projector turn green or until the fans turn on.
How do we turn off these beasts?
Pretty much the same as how we turned them on but make sure the projector bulb is off.
-Hold the key lock until light turns white
- Hold the power button down until the lights atop the projector turn orange
1. Where are the "Tail Lights" located?
2. What do the colors mean?
1. Atop of the projector
2. Orange: Standby
- Red: Concern
-Green: good to go
Via the GDCServer on a projector screen, how would we add a Cue to a clip?
1. Go to _____
2. Find the _____ you would like to edit
3. Choose _____ cue
- Select "Please select animation cue labels."
4. Find ____ you would like to add
- Ex: select credits cue
5. Click (yellow/grey symbol) to add the _____ code
1. Edit show
5. Time code
1. When there is a red light, what do we do??
2. What is "bulb overtime?"
3.What do we do if the error is not displayed as "bulb overtime."
1. Do not panic. Look to the green screen at the side of the projector, there should be a displayed error message
2. "bulb overtime" is the common red tail reminder that our bulbs have reached 1000 hours (by pre set reminder.)
3. Let management know and look up the DCC chapter
What is the DCC software and what is its purpose?
The DCC software communicates with the projectors.
-We can use this software to change bulb reminder time, change the bulbs, adjust the focus, etc.
First thing we must do to access the server of a projector:
Tap into the IP address. -The window for the IP address will pop up when you access the DCC software.
(look back to guide for IP addresses)
As soon as we get into the server we must click _____ and select _____ and punch in ______ to be granted to total access of projector
What do we mainly use the DCC service for?
To change bulbs and fix overtime
how can we fix bulb overtime?
1. Make sure ____ is turned _____
2. Access _____ software
3. Access the _____ address
4. Select _____, access ______ mode
5. Select ____ tool > setup
6. Find ____ warning (white box w/ #'s)
7. Add ____ hours on top of #
8. Hit ____
1. Projector, off
4. Mode, service
On the side of the projector there is a control panel, what do most of these buttons do?
Four of them are format switches (scope to flat) (flat to scope) if the movie is formated wrong
- When switching, the bulb will turn off for about 10 secs
(Control panel buttons)
1. 3. 5. 7.
2. 4. 6. 8.
(We mainly use 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8)
1. 2D Flat 2. 3D Flat
4. DCDM RGB 185
5. 2D Scope
3. 3D Scope
7. ??? 8. DVI
Wait... How do we access these buttons?
Simply hold down the key lock button.
DVI, #8 on the key pad. When do we use this button?
Whenever we need to connect an alternative device (with HDMI port) to a projector
(DVI) Where can we find the wire(s) and port for alternative devices?
The black nylon Radio shack cord and DVI port are located on the right side of the metal rack next to the center projection desk
1. Where is the DVI-B port located on the projector?
2. What do we plug into the DVI-B port?
3. Once plugged in how do we switch inputs?
1. The DVI-B port is located beneath the control panel near the bottom far right of the beast.
2. The Radio shack cable (make sure HDMI end is hooked up to device
3. Hold down key lock, hit button 8 and hold down the lamp button on the far right corner.
1. How do we set up audio for alternative devices?
2. When device is hooked up, we must look to the _____ of the ___ ____ and find coax 1 or 2 or toslink. Hit it for sound.
1. Depends on what device is being used.
(we use coax and Toslink cables)
- For Toslink cables, the ports are located towards the right of the server.
-Toslink ports are tiny black squares with a little door.
- Coax ports are labeled
2. front, sound tower
A rental group wants to watch a movie we are currently showing:
1. Go to projector that the rental is in
2. Find the monitor that controls the server to that projector
3. Hit the menu button
4. select the show that the rental is for
5. Press "Load show and play"
6. Hit "play"
Steps of setting up the Blu-ray player
1. Make sure key lock button is white
-If it is orange, hold until change
2. Hold down the 8 (ACS) button
3. Make sure the screen is on a loading prompt
4. When done loading, hold down the light bulb button until another loading prompt
5. Hold down the light bulb once more
-Hook up blu ray device
How would one manually turn on/off lights?
Locate the big black box on the left of the port window, on the bottom left of the unit lie the "manual controls."
1. Hit the down button for the house lights
2. Hit the down button for the stage lights
-Hitting up will turn the lights on
What step do we take for the projector when a Blu-ray movie is done?
1. Turn off the bulb by making sure the Key Lock is turned off by holding down the lightbulb button
2. The lightbulb logo should be white/clear indicating its turned off
When making a playlist, for a movie that is in 3D, make sure to change the opening cues to _____ __ /__ and ______ ___/___
Preshow 3D scope/Flat and Start 3D Flat/scope
How would we set up a 3D wheel?
1. Locate the ___ ______
2. Plug it in a turn on the ______
3. Chose the __ _____ channel
4. Move ______ in front of _______
5. Insure that the screen is centered and is either ______ or ______'
6. Start the 3D wheel by pressing the ______ ______
1. Locate a free 3D wheel from upstairs
2. Plug it in and Turn on the Bulb
3. Choose the 3D flat channel
4. Move wheel infront of lens
5. Insure that the whole screen in either green/pink
6. Start the wheel by pressing yellow button
When we move the 3D lens out of the way of the projector after the feature we must be very careful not to break the ______
(or we will get fired).
What do we need on hand when performing a bulb re alignment?
- We must switch off circuit breaker __ when changing a bulb
Allen wrench, a screw driver, an ethernet cable, and the laptop.
- We will need to connect the laptop to PORT 3 of the projector
- #9, fan exhaust
When performing a bulb re alignment, to setup we must go to the _ _ _ program and open _______ With Password (____).
- Choose Select ____ and then _____
DCC, Service, 3151
- Lamp > setup
To physically start on a bulb re-alignment, we must first use the ______ to open the little _____ on the right backside of the projector.
After the slide is open, use the ____ _____ to turn the top axis.
Screw driver, slide,
Via the control panel on the TMS, we will preform an ______ refresh every 8 days. This can be done by clicking ___ _____ On the bottom right corner. FULLY shut down the projector starting with the _____ power and then the _____ power.
Uptime, shutdown, lamp, projector
Turn on the projectors in the opposite sequence
What to do when the power goes out?
1. Remain ____
2. Bring up a ______ to write down ______ of movies
3. work on ______ all projectors
4. Inspect the ______ and _______ of the projectors
5. Go back about ____ minutes and press play after power outage
2. Notepad, timestamps
4. Films, timestamps
5. 5 mins
What are the first steps in changing a projector bulb?
1. Turn off the ___ switch in circuit breaker
- Give the ___ time to cool ( __ mins)
2. Wear ______ gear (gloves, vest, face shield) A bulb may ________!
3. Use the projector key to remove the _____ panel
Fully shut off the projector (lamp and bulb power switches)
1. #9 hood exhaust
- Bulb, 15 mins
2. Protection, EXPLODE
What are the second steps in changing a projector bulb once inside?
1. 4. Use a _____ to remove the panel beneath it to reveal the _____ housing
2. Notice a small ____ on the ____ side that can be removes
3. Slide it out to make room for _____ the bulb
4. Unscrew the ____ bolt attaching the ____ to the housing
5. Use ____ _____ to _____ the right hand side of the _____ housing
1. Screw driver, bulb
2. Panel, left
4. Left, bulb
5. Allan wrench, loosen, bulb
What are the third steps in changing a projector bulb once inside?
1. After the bulb is free to be moved, carefully remove it by pulling it through the _____ side
- Hold bulbs by the ______ ______
2. Information of what bulb goes in which projector is found in the __ ___ ___ ___ ___
3. Insert the ____ bulb
4. Tighten the ____ sides of ____ for the new bulb
5. Screw the metal ___ back on
6. Slide the _____ panel over that.
7. Turn the ______ ___ back on aswell as the _________
- Metal ends
2. Daily logs lamp hour test
4. two, housing
7. Exhaust fan, projector
FINAL steps of installing a new bulb after new bulb is inserted.
1. Leave ____ power off
2. Open _ _ _ on main computer
3. Type in ______ number (last 3 digits of IP address)
4. Click _____ and go to ____ > Enter code _ _ _ _
5. Click ____ > _____ > ____ ____
- Use bulb type the ____ previous bulb
6. Click _____ > Say "___" to both questions
- Wrap up the old bulb and send it off
4. Mode, Service, 3151
5. Lamp, Setup, Entry list
6. Select, YES
How would we set these up?
1. The only projectors that can play Fathom events are __ and ___
2. Turn on the ___ by the projector
- If the event is live, go to channel ___
- If the event is pre-recorder, press __
go to ________ to find the event
3. For the visual, Hit the _ _ _ button on the projector
4. For the audio, press _ _ _ on the sound tower
5. Turn down the ____ at show time!
1. 2, 6
- DVR, my recordings
3. ACS (#8)
4. aux (fathom event)
How would I transition out of a Fathom event?
1. Bring the ____ up
2. Turn off the ____
3. Set the ____ ____ to _______ to get lobby music
4. Turn off the ____ equiptment
3. Sound tower, nonsync
Other Quizlet sets
7-U3C10-Jesus, Our Eucharist
nutrition study guide for test number 2