PAD Arterial issues: treating modifiable risk factors, weight, smoking, uncontrolled diabetes, ect. Ischemic PAIN due to lack of perfusion.
- Small deep regular shaped pale ulcers
- Skin is shiny, hairless, pallor, cool.
- Low or NO Edema
- Pain, intermittent, severe, resting
- DECREASED or Absent pulses
PVD Venous issues: venous insufficiency; venous blood pools in the lower extremities, edema; NO PAIN.
- Shallow beefy red, irregular ulcers
- Skin is leathery, brown, discolored
- Major Edema
- Aching mild pain
- Normal pulses