How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Upgrade to remove ads
37-44 Vocab Words
Someone sent out to represent another; an agent
The act of freeing from slavary
A letter or written communication
Remittance ( Adj)
1. Money sent in payment. 2. The sending of money , especially to a destant place.
to move or drive
To drive or urge with force
To drive or force out. 2. To force to leave, usally by offical actions.
To urge or drive forward by strong moral force
1. The act of driving away or rejecting. 2. A feeling of great dislike; disgust
to think, consider, or believe
Inclined to argue or debate.
Generally supposed; assumed to exist.
Believed to be a certain way by popular opinion
word, speech, reason
A speech in praise of someone, often someone who has died
1. A speech or dramatic scene spoken by oneperson or one actor. 2. Talk that dominates a conversation.
A new word, usage, or expression
1. The descent of a person or family from an ancestor, or a history of such. 2. The study of family history.
1. A decorative garden with paths between the beds of lants. 2. The back area of the ground floor of a theater, often under the balcony.
An enclosure, usually transparent, with a layer of dirt in the bottom in which plants and sometimes small animals are kept indoors.
Having to do with the earth or its inhabitants
1. A pale blue or greenish blue that is the color of clear seawater in sunlight . 2. A transparent gem that is blue or blue-green.
A dock or harbor where pleasure boats can be moored securely, often with facilities offering supplies or repairs
A seaman or sailor
1. Bordering on or having to do with the sea. 2. Having to do with navigation or commerce on the sea.
1. Showing or feeling little or no emotion. 2. Having no interest.
The feeling or, or the ability to feel, the emotions and sensations of another.
The study of diseases. 2. The abnormalities that are characteristic of a disease.
A mentally ill or unstable person who acts in a way that harms people and society; a psychopath.
Freedom from the sunishment, harm, or loss.
Having to do with punishment or penalties, or institution where punishment is given.
An act of self-punishment or religious devotion to show sorrow or regret for sin or wrongdoing.
Giving , involving, or aiming at punishment.
The state of being a mother; motherhood
To enroll as a member of a group, especially a school or college.
Based on or tracing the family through the mother.
Having to do with with a large, important city and sometimes also its surrounding suburbs.
To warn or criticize mildly .
Giving warning; cautionary
To keep track of or watch, usually for a special reason.
1. A previous warning or notice; forewarning. 2. A feeling about an event or situation before it happens.
to appear or seem
An illusion or ghost produced by imagination or creative invention
1. A shifting succession of things or imagined. 2. A collection or combination of weird or imaginary things.
1. A fact or event observed or known with the scses. 2. A rare, unusual, or important fact or event.
1. Transparent. 2. Insubstantial or vague.
To state positively as true; declare.
1. To prove to be true or correct. 2. To check or test the accuracy of.
1. The appearance of being true or probable. 2. The depiction of realism in art or literature.
A true fact or statement.
to throw into confusion or upset
To upset, confuse, or disarrange.
A rotary engine with blades made to turn and generate power by a current of water, steam, or air under pressure.
1. Stirred up, agitated. 2. Stirring ip unrest, violence, or disturbance.
1. Thick or murky, especially with churned-up sediment. 2. Inclear, confused, muddled.
to roll, wind, turn around, or twist around
1. The transfer of rights, powers, property, or responsibility to others, especially from the central to local government. 2. Evolution towards and earlier or lower state.
A process of change from a lower, simpler, or worse state to one that is higher, more complex, or better.
Speaking readily and rapidly; talkative
1. Having a pattern of curved windings. 2. Involved, intricate.
Upgrade to remove ads