5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stratified columnar
- endocrine gland
- mucous membrane
- a Located in pharynx (back of throat), male urethra; 2 or more layers of elongated column-shaped cells
- b cells that make cartilage
- c mucus-secreting membrane lining all body cavities or passages that communicate with the exterior
- d a dense fibrous membrane covering the surface of bones (except at their extremities) and serving as an attachment for tendons and muscles
- e any of the glands of the endocrine system that secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outer germ layer that develops into skin and nervous tissue
- A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
- skin; covers the surface of the body; consists of statified epithelium and a layer of areolar tissue reinforced by underlying dense irregular connective tissue
- esophagus, most external skin region
- epithilial cell.... cube shaped.
fn: protection; secretion; absorption
loco: lining of some ducts (rare)
5 True/False questions
necrosis → nerve cells
lacunae → small spaces between the lamellae which contain osteocytes
fibrosis → formation of scar tissue
adipose tissue → A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
neoplasia → the pathological process that results in the formation and growth of a tumor