5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stratified columnar
- serous membrane
- a Located in pharynx (back of throat), male urethra; 2 or more layers of elongated column-shaped cells
- b The natural programmed death of a cell; the residual fragments are disposed of by phagocytosis.
- c abnormal enlargement of a body part or organ
- d a thin membrane lining the closed cavities of the body
- e bone forming cell
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most common type of cartilage; it is found on the ends of long bones, ribs, and nose
- a connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that protects the ends of bones and keeps them from rubbing together
- or being an epithelium consisting of closely packed cells which appear to be arranged in layers but all of which are in fact attached to the basement membrane
- a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy
- the pathological process that results in the formation and growth of a tumor
5 True/False questions
stratified cuboidal epithelial → epithilial cell.... cube shaped.
fn: protection; secretion; absorption
loco: lining of some ducts (rare)
intercalated discs → A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
axon → long fiber that carries impulses away from the cell body of a neuron
dense regular connective tissue → Connective tissue that is made from collagen fibers that are randomly arranged (found in fascia, heart valves)
ectoderm → the middle germ layer that develops into muscle and bone and cartilage and blood and connective tissue