6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- Nevertheless, her hours are flexible.
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
5 True/False questions
coordinating conjunction → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
non-restrictive element → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To set off words used in direct address → I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
When independent clauses are joined with a coordinating conjunction → joining words (FANBOYS)