6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
- a group of words containing a subject and a verb
- a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
5 True/False questions
To set off dates, addresses, and titles (do not use with dates consisting of only the month and the year) → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.
To set off words used in direct address → I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
non-restrictive element → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
dependent/introductory clause → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
FANBOYS → a group of words containing a subject and a verb