6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- On Saturday, December 23, 1946, in a little church at 421 May Street, Mayfield, Illinois, Sarah and James were married.
- For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
- a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
- I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
5 True/False questions
coordinating conjunction → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To set off expressions that designate the source of a quotation (dont use if quoted question or exclimation is followed by explanatory words, or if quatation is introduced by "that") → "Tell me, Mary, "asked her mother, "did you have a good time?"
When independent clauses are joined with a coordinating conjunction → joining words (FANBOYS)
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.
non-restrictive element → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence