6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- a group of words containing a subject and a verb
- For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
5 True/False questions
FANBOYS → For And Nor But Or Yet So
When independent clauses are joined with a coordinating conjunction → joining words (FANBOYS)
non-restrictive element → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
coordinating conjunction → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To set off expressions that designate the source of a quotation (dont use if quoted question or exclimation is followed by explanatory words, or if quatation is introduced by "that") → "Tell me, Mary, "asked her mother, "did you have a good time?"