5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which line is perpendicular to the ground?
- What do you use to take out stitches when you make a mistake?
- What are 3 safety rules for using the sewing machine?
- What is the standard seam allowance for garments?
- What is Value of a color? What is an example of the Value of a color?
- a Vertical
- b A seam-ripper.
- c The lightness or darkness of a color. An example would be light-blue.
- d Use a slow speed, keep your fingers and head away from the machine, and don't stitch over pins.
- e 5/8 inch.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It means that every garment has to have a function. For example, in the winter time you would wear long-sleeves, sweatpants, a heavy coat, and boots because they would keep you warm in the cold weather. That is the outfit's function, to keep you warm.
- Straight and narrow. A type of garment with that shape would be pin-striped pants.
- How the fabric looks like it would feel. An example would be that silk and satin look soft.
- How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
- The 12 colors in a circle to display how the colors are related to each other.
5 True/False questions
What are the Tertiary or Intermediate colors? List them. → The colors that appear halfway between the primary colors. They are green, violet, and orange.
What are the Secondary colors? List them. → The colors from which all colors are made. They are red, blue, and yellow.
What are the 5 elements of design? → The brightness or dullness of a color.
What are the Primary colors? List them. → The colors that appear halfway between the primary colors. They are green, violet, and orange.
What do sergers have below the needle (to be threaded) instead of a bobbin? → Loopers.