5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When using a conventional machine, in which direction should you pull the 2 threads before sewing?
- What are the Secondary colors? List them.
- What are the Neutral colors?
- What is Full Shape? What type of garment has a Full Shape?
- How is the body affected by strong diagonal lines?
- a They are black, white, and gray.
- b It adds excitement and draws attention to the person.
- c Back behind the presser foot.
- d The colors that appear halfway between the primary colors. They are green, violet, and orange.
- e Baggy. A type of garment with that shape would be sweats.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A color that is darkened by adding black. An example would be navy-blue.
- A seam-ripper.
- Fit-and-flare. A type of garment with that shape would be bellbottom jeans.
- The rest of the colors on the color wheel. They are blue-green, blue-violet, yellow-green, yellow-orange, red-violet, and red-orange.
- How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
5 True/False questions
What does 'Form Follows Function' mean? → The colors from which all colors are made. They are red, blue, and yellow.
What is Visual Texture? What is an example of Visual Texture? → How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
What does the color wheel consist of and what is its purpose? → The 12 colors in a circle to display how the colors are related to each other.
What is the standard seam allowance for garments? → 5/8 inch.
What is the Intensity of color? → The brightness or dullness of a color.