5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What do sergers have below the needle (to be threaded) instead of a bobbin?
- When using a conventional machine, in which direction should you pull the 2 threads before sewing?
- What is Tactile Texture? What is an example of Tactile Texture?
- What do you use to take out stitches when you make a mistake?
- What is Hue? What is an example of a Hue?
- a How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
- b Loopers.
- c A seam-ripper.
- d Back behind the presser foot.
- e It is another name for a color. An example would be blue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use a slow speed, keep your fingers and head away from the machine, and don't stitch over pins.
- It means that every garment has to have a function. For example, in the winter time you would wear long-sleeves, sweatpants, a heavy coat, and boots because they would keep you warm in the cold weather. That is the outfit's function, to keep you warm.
- It adds excitement and draws attention to the person.
- 5/8 inch.
5 True/False questions
What does the color wheel consist of and what is its purpose? → The 12 colors in a circle to display how the colors are related to each other.
Which line is perpendicular to the ground? → Vertical
What is Visual Texture? What is an example of Visual Texture? → How the fabric looks like it would feel. An example would be that silk and satin look soft.
What is Tubular Shape? What type of garment has a Tubular Shape? → Straight and narrow. A type of garment with that shape would be pin-striped pants.
What is the Intensity of color? → They are black, white, and gray.