5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Value of a color? What is an example of the Value of a color?
- What is Tactile Texture? What is an example of Tactile Texture?
- What is Full Shape? What type of garment has a Full Shape?
- How is the body affected by strong curved lines?
- What are the Tertiary or Intermediate colors? List them.
- a The rest of the colors on the color wheel. They are blue-green, blue-violet, yellow-green, yellow-orange, red-violet, and red-orange.
- b Baggy. A type of garment with that shape would be sweats.
- c It adds femininity to the person/outfit.
- d How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
- e The lightness or darkness of a color. An example would be light-blue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 5/8 inch.
- Follows the body's natural outline. A type of garment with that shape is skinny jeans.
- Back behind the presser foot.
- When you use 3 colors that are right next to each other on the color wheel (an example would be red, red-orange, and orange)
When you use 2 colors that are direct opposites on the color wheel (an example would be blue and orange)
When you use a neutral color, such as black, white, or gray, and put an accent color with it (an example would be gray and blue)
When you use 1 color and you use different values of that color (an example would be blue, light-blue, and navy-blue)
- A color that is darkened by adding black. An example would be navy-blue.
5 True/False questions
What is Hue? What is an example of a Hue? → It is another name for a color. An example would be blue.
Which line is perpendicular to the ground? → Diagonal
What is Visual Texture? What is an example of Visual Texture? → How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
What is Bell Shape? What type of garment has a Bell Shape? → Fit-and-flare. A type of garment with that shape would be bellbottom jeans.
What does 'Form Follows Function' mean? → It means that every garment has to have a function. For example, in the winter time you would wear long-sleeves, sweatpants, a heavy coat, and boots because they would keep you warm in the cold weather. That is the outfit's function, to keep you warm.