Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (5)
what are the guiding principles?
- assume that you do not know the upper limits of someones capacity to grow and change
- take the clients goals seriously
- every individual, group, family, and community has strengths
- trauma and abuse, illness and struggle, may be injurious, but they may also be sources of challenge and opportunity
what are strength based assessments?
- looks at what's strong instead of what's wrong
is leisure/recreation is inherently strengths based?
what is the multi-level strengths assessment?
1. personal/internal: resilience, physical strength, etc.
2. immediate environment: home, neighborhood, school, family, etc.
3. extended environment: community, society, etc.
examples of strength-based questions
- what abilities do they have?
- prior life successes
- what support systems do they have in their life?
- is the person creative?
- what is the person's aspirations?
Sets found in the same folder
Reliability and validity in Assessments
Functional and Participation Assessments
Treatment Planning: Writing Goals and Objectives
Other sets by this creator
Content Quiz 5
Documentation in RT
ATRA Standards of Practice
Activity and Task Analysis