Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Scene analysis, camera movement, dolly and track
Terms in this set (27)
T or F: Every scene in a movie, commercial, music video, etc. should contain its own story within the main story of the movie which includes an introduction to the scene, character development specific to the scene, the arc, conclusion as well as advancement of the main story.
When you make a zoom move, you should always hold (keep in the same relationship to the edge of the frame) at least _____ of the four edges of the frame.
When framing while shooting a camera, you should...
Constantly watch all the frame edges by moving you eye around the frame from top, left, right, bottom. Also, be aware of how the talent looks.
You are in a very ornate ballroom with three chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The dance floor is surrounded by small round tables with tablecloths, candles, and small bouquets of flowers. The patrons, dressed in tuxedoes and evening gowns, are seated at the tables watching one couple dance on the designer parquet floor. The director wants you to highlight the dancing couple's agility and grace as they dance around the entire floor in a beautiful, ornate ballroom. How would you visually tell the story in the most interesting way?
Camera on crane high in the center of the ceiling - wide shot of entire room with chandelier in the foreground - slow crane down toward dancers ending with a head to toe shot of dancers with patrons sitting at a table in the foreground - cut to camera on floor - CU of their feet as they spin within the frame - tilt up to their faces with the chandelier in the background.
If you wanted to capture a dog bounding through the doggie door into the kitchen and running across the floor. What camera placement and operation would make this shot the most visually interesting for the viewer?
Frontal angle - camera on floor - wide shot of doggie door - dog bounds through the doggie door, camera dollies in toward doggie door as dog runs towards camera and finally jumps over the camera.
You're shooting in an office with the tile floors and you want the camera to move but you couldn't afford a real dolly. List four ways you could create a poor's man's dolly?
- Shopping cart
- Wheel cart
- Office chair
What are the different types of doorway dollies and how do they steer?
- Doorway Dolly: Only rear wheels steer
- Doorway Round-D-Round Dolly: All wheels steer together
The vertical post under a dolly seat is called a...
The horizontal arm under a dolly seat is called a...
When you are lifting the dolly up to carry it or place it onto and into the U-channel skate wheels, you should hold and lift the doorway dolly by the...
Straight and curved dolly track come with different rail shapes. What are they?
- Round rail
- Square rail
Circle track comes in what rail shapes?
- Round rail
- Square rail
Straight dolly track comes in which standard lengths?
- 2ft Starter Track
What are the most common circle track diameters?
_____ (1) sections of 90 degree circle track would make up a _____ (2) ft diameter circle.
_____ (1) sections of 45 degree circle track would make up a _____ (2) ft diameter circle.
_____ (1) sections of 22.5 degree circle track would make up a _____ (2) ft diameter circle.
The director wants you to make a continuous, smooth dolly track move from the start make, going three sections of 8ft straight track, then one section of 10ft diameter curved track, then four sections of 8ft straight track. In a professional manner, you would respond to the director by saying...
"Not a good idea. Because when the dolly wheels get to the curved section of track it will cause the dolly to spin and adversely pan the camera."
The most common leveling materials are wood chocks and wood wedges. What is the description of chocks and wedges?
Chocks are rectangular on all sides; Wedges are triangular
The director wants to do a dolly move. What is the very first thing you do with the director before you lay the dolly track?
Mark the beginning and end positions of the lens.
You want to run a doorway dolly on dolly track, but the doorway dolly only has flat rubber wheels. What kind of accessory wheels do you need?
When building dolly track, you should...
Lay the end of the first track section one dolly length before the start mark. Add a track section and lock them together continue adding track sections and locking them together until the last piece of track is a little past the finish mark.
The dolly tack piece are locked together an in place. You have laid down, looked down the length of the track and instructed your 2nd how to "Line the Track." It is now straight but it is not level. What do you do?
Use a 4ft bubble level to find the highest point in the track. From the highest point level only that side of the track rail (length wise) until that rail is level from start to finish. Then go back and bring the other rail of the track up level side to side for the entire length of track.
After the dolly track has been placed, line, and leveled, what is the proper procedure to set skate wheels and a dolly onto the track.
1. At the end of the track, line up all four wheels of the dolly to the track
2. Place 1st set skate wheels at end of track close to the dolly's front wheels
3. Counterweight back of dolly. Set dolly's front wheels into the skate trough. Be sure dolly's rear wheels are centered in channel over track rail
4. Push dolly and place back wheels onto track. Allow room to place skate wheels behind rear wheels
5. Lift read of the dolly and place the dolly wheels into skate wheels channel. Be sure dolly's rear wheels are centered in channel over track rail
You are the dolly grip. What is the best way to begin and end a dolly move?
Easily feather the move up to desired speed until near the end mark where you feather down the speed of the move until you stop on the end mark.
Once the dolly track has been placed in position, leveled, and the dolly placed on the track properly, what should the dolly grip do next?
- Place the dolly at its start position by placing the lens over the lens start mark. Then, mark the "dolly start position" by laying a piece of tape perpendicular to track on floor at rear wheels
- After the start mark has been placed, move the dolly to the end position so the lens is over the lens end mark. Mark the "dolly end position" by laying a piece of tape perpendicular to track on floor at rear wheels
Once the dolly start and end tape marks have been placed on the floor, what does the dolly grip do next?
- Lay approximately 6ft to 8ft of tape from start mark toward end mark, parallel and close to the track. Then lay approximately 6ft to 8ft of tape making a "V" from the start mark (point) toward the end mark (open end of V).
- Lay approximately 6ft to 8ft of tape from the end mark toward the start mark, parallel and close to the track. Then lay approximately 6ft to 8ft of tape making a "V" from the end mark (point) toward the start mark (open end of V).
Sets found in the same folder
Other sets by this creator
Other Quizlet sets
East Central Community College ST Exam Review Ch.…
Julius Caesar Acts I and 2
511 Environmental Assessment
Introduction to World History