Upgrade to remove ads
10. Goose breeding (breeding goal, use, breeds, traits, breeding methods and hybrids
Terms in this set (10)
- Few changes due to domestication (fatty deposition, plumage colour, egg production)
- Genetic pollution between domestic and wild breeds is common ( European wild goose)
When was the goose domesticated ?
Meat, liver --> fois grois, fat, feathers, eggs, pets and useful guard animal
What are the use/ breeding goals of goose?
Italian goose, Bohemian (Czech) goose, Rhenish goose (Germany) and Swan neck goose
Name some breeds of layer goose
Emden (Germany), Grey Pomeranian, Pilgrim, Diepholz goose
Name some meat tyep of goose
Toulouse, Grey goose, Easter cygnoides breeds, African goose
Name breeds of liver (fatty liver) types of goose
- Egyptain geese
- Hungarian improved goose
Name some other breeds of goose
Leipzig, Gourmand, African and Chinese goose (?)
Name some hybrids of goose
Chinese and Czech goose
What are the main light breeds IN Hungary?
Rhenish goose, Italian and Hungarian goose (5-7kg)
What are the main medium breeds in Hungary?
Chinese, Emden, Roman, Shetland and Pomeranian
What are the main heavy breeds in Hungary?
This set is often in folders with...
1. Origin and domestication of different…
2. Most common genetic diseases of poultry species…
3. Main reproduction features of poultry species,…
4. The layer hen type (breeding goal, us…
Other sets by this creator
12. Breeding pigeon (goals, use, breeds,…
11. Breeding ducks (breeding goal, use,…
9. Breeding turkey (breeding goal, use,…
8. Poultry production systems and technologies (la…