Create an account
1. Tens place: number before decimal point makes the second spot grow.
2. Hundredths place: third number after the decimal point round up the second number.
Determine the cost of carpet in a room
1. Multiply the carpet length.
2. Carpet length divided by 9.
3. Total of Step 2 x given price.
Determine the average daily cost
*Watch the way the question is stated. For example, On Monday and Thursday, she spent $5.43 total. On Tuesday and Wednesday, she spent $3.54 on each day. On Friday, she spent $7.89 on lunch.
1. Notice the first number says total.
2. Notice the second number does not have total, double.
What is the mathematical average of the number of weeks in a year, seasons in a year, and the number of days in January?
mean = sum of values/total number of values
(52 weeks, 4 seasons, 31 days in January)
mean = (52+4+31)/3; mean = 87/3; mean = 29
Determine original marketed cost
1. 100%-highest %.
2. Price given/ Total of Step 1.
3. 100%- lowest %.
4. Total of Step 2/ Total of Step 3= Answer.
If the perimeter of a rectangular house is 44 yards and the length is 36 feet what is the width of house?
P = 2L + 2W (convert P to ft and sub known values)
132 = (2*36) + 2W (simplify)
132 = 72 + 2W (subtract 72 from each side of the equation)
60 = 2W (divide both sides of the equation by 2 to find the width)
30 = W
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together