Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
World Geo| Semester 2 Final Review
The final exam is cumulative from the second semester. The test will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions + your choice of 4 free-response prompts.
Terms in this set (109)
Benelux Countries; a.k.a. the "Low Countries"
- a.k.a. "The Low Countries" for their low elevation.
- Bloc (group of countries) consisting of Belgium, Netherlands, & Luxembourg.
- A group of islands on the western coast of Europe, made up of Great Britain, Ireland, and some small islands.
- Separated from continental Europe by the English Channel.
International organization comprised of Western European countries to promote free trade among members.
The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999)
- The possible British exit from the European Union.
- The term was made popular following Prime Minister Cameron's promise to hold a national referendum on the issue.
International union consisting of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Island in the British Isles containing both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
A division of the United Kingdom located on the northern part of the island of Ireland.
Republic of Ireland
- No longer a part of the UK.
- Independent Irish nation covering the southern part of the island of Ireland.
- Location where the Thames River meets the North Sea.
- Major shipping route between the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Body of water separating the British Isles from continental Europe.
- A chain of mountains between France and Spain.
- Separates the rest of Europe from the Iberian Peninsula.
- A mountain range in south-central Europe stretching from eastern France and northern Italy through Switzerland and Austria.
- This mountain range forms the southern border of the European Plain.
- A large, almost landlocked arm of the Atlantic Ocean touching Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Primarily separates southern Europe from north Africa.
- Peninsula in southwestern Europe occupied by Spain and Portugal.
- Separated from the rest of Europe by the Pyrenees mountains.
Sets found in the same folder
Personal Finance vocab for final
Spanish 2 Finals Vocab 3A-6A
Other sets by this creator
Unit 8: Sub-Saharan Africa
Unit 7: North Africa
World Geo Fall '21 Final Review
US States and Capitals
What are the similarities and differences among the three West African kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, and Songhai?
What lands were added to the Russian Empire under Ivan IV, Peter the Great, and Catherine the Great?
Use the "Sudan and South Sudan Conflicts" to explain the division of land, including man-made borders, into separate political units.
Considering the climate and landforms, evaluate which areas of Europe would be the most agriculturally productive. Which of the five themes apply to this situation?
Other Quizlet sets
Acct. 3346 Ch. 12
HS Bible test review 5.2-6.5
4.3 Normative und konzeptionelle Grundlagen 4.3.1…
Marriage and Family Final 05/14/21