5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A solution of NaF is added dropwise to a solution that is 0.0144 M in Ba2+. When the concentration of F- exceeds ___________ M, BaF2 will precipitate. Neglect volume changes. For BaF2, Ksp = 1.7 x 10^ -6.
- In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect AgBr to have the lowest solubility?
- In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect PbCl2 to have the lowest solubility?
- A solution containing which of the following pairs of substances will be a buffer solution?
- A 25.0-ml sample of 0.150 M butanoic acid is titrated with a 0.150 M NaOH solution. What is the pH before any base is added? The Ka of butanoic acid is 1.5 x 10 ^-5.
- a 2.83 blue.hat cat
- b CsF, HF
- c .020 M BaCl2 (2nd)
- d 0.20 NaBr
- e 1.1 x 10^-2 apple. apple toodles
5 Multiple choice questions
- 4.3 x 10^-14 dog. cat fortune
- 9.25 Igloo.blue egg
- 4.488 dog. dog hat hat
- sodium hydroxide
- 4.077 dog. O green green
5 True/False questions
Which compound listed below has the smallest molar solubility in water? → 0.8 M KI
In which aqueous solution is PbI2 least soluble? → AgI
Calculate the pH of a solution that is 0.210 M in nitrous acid (HNO2) and 0.290 M in potassium nitrite (KNO2). The acid dissociation constant of nitrous acid is 4.50 x 10 ^-4. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green
Calculate the percent ionization of formic acid (HCO2H) in a solution that is 0.219 M in formic acid. The Ka of formic acid is 1.77 x 10^-4. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green
The pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.350 mol of solid methylamine hydrochloride (CH3NH3Cl) in 1.00 L of 1.10 M methylamine (CH3NH2) is ________. The Kb for methylamine is 4.40 x 10 ^-4. (Assume the final volume is 1.00L.) → 4.488 dog. dog hat hat