5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect AgCl to have the lowest solubility?
- A 25.0-ml sample of 0.150 M butanoic acid is titrated with a 0.150 M NaOH solution. What is the pH before any base is added? The Ka of butanoic acid is 1.5 x 10 ^-5.
- What is the molar solubility of barium fluoride (BaF2) in water? The solubility-product constant for BaF2 is 1.7 x 10^-6 at 25C.
- A solution containing which of the following pairs of substances will be a buffer solution?
- Which of the following could be added to a solution of acetic acid to prepare a buffer?
- a 0.020 M BaCl2
- b 2.83 blue.hat cat
- c 7.5 x 10 ^ -3 green.egg tripod
- d sodium hydroxide
- e CsF, HF
5 Multiple choice questions
- 0.20 NaBr
- .020 M BaCl2 (2nd)
- 9.25 Igloo.blue egg
- 1.6 x 10^-5 apple .flower quint
5 True/False questions
Of the substances below, ________ will decrease the solubility of Pb(OH)2 in a saturated solution. → AgI
The pH of a solution that contains 0.818 M acetic acid (Ka = 1.76 x 10 ^ -5) and 0.172 M sodium acetate is ______________. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green
A 25 mL sample of 0.723 M HClO4 is titrated with a 0.273 M KOH solution. What is the [H+] (molarity) before any base is added? → 0.723 O. green blue cat
A solution of NaF is added dropwise to a solution that is 0.0144 M in Ba2+. When the concentration of F- exceeds ___________ M, BaF2 will precipitate. Neglect volume changes. For BaF2, Ksp = 1.7 x 10^ -6. → 4.3 x 10^-14 dog. cat fortune
The pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.350 mol of solid methylamine hydrochloride (CH3NH3Cl) in 1.00 L of 1.10 M methylamine (CH3NH2) is ________. The Kb for methylamine is 4.40 x 10 ^-4. (Assume the final volume is 1.00L.) → 4.488 dog. dog hat hat