5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following could be added to a solution of acetic acid to prepare a buffer?
- The solubility of lead (II) chloride (PbCl2) is 1.6 x 10^-2 M. What is the Ksp of PbCl2?
- Of the substances below, ________ will decrease the solubility of Pb(OH)2 in a saturated solution.
- In which aqueous solution is PbI2 least soluble?
- The Kb of ammonia is 1.77 x 10^-5. The pH of a buffer prepared by combining 50.0 mL of 1.00 M ammonia and 50.0 mL of 1.00 M ammonium nitrate is _________________.
- a Pb(NO3)2
- b 9.25 Igloo.blue egg
- c sodium hydroxide
- d 1.6 x 10^-5 apple .flower quint
- e 0.8 M KI
5 Multiple choice questions
- 0.020 M BaCl2
- 4.077 dog. O green green
- 1.1 x 10^-2 apple. apple toodles
- 0.723 O. green blue cat
- CsF, HF
5 True/False questions
Calculate the percent ionization of formic acid (HCO2H) in a solution that is 0.219 M in formic acid. The Ka of formic acid is 1.77 x 10^-4. → 2.84 blue. hat dog
In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect PbCl2 to have the lowest solubility? → .020 M BaCl2 (2nd)
Calculate the pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.150 mol of benzoic acid HBz and 0.300 mol of sodium benzoate in water sufficient to yield 1.00 L of solution. The Ka of benzoic acid is 6.50 x 10^-5. → 11.14 apple apple. apple dog
Calculate the pH of a solution that is 0.210 M in nitrous acid (HNO2) and 0.290 M in potassium nitrite (KNO2). The acid dissociation constant of nitrous acid is 4.50 x 10 ^-4. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green
The pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.350 mol of solid methylamine hydrochloride (CH3NH3Cl) in 1.00 L of 1.10 M methylamine (CH3NH2) is ________. The Kb for methylamine is 4.40 x 10 ^-4. (Assume the final volume is 1.00L.) → 4.488 dog. dog hat hat