5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Of the substances below, ________ will decrease the solubility of Pb(OH)2 in a saturated solution.
- A solution of NaF is added dropwise to a solution that is 0.0144 M in Ba2+. When the concentration of F- exceeds ___________ M, BaF2 will precipitate. Neglect volume changes. For BaF2, Ksp = 1.7 x 10^ -6.
- In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect PbCl2 to have the lowest solubility?
- Calculate the pH of a solution that is 0.210 M in nitrous acid (HNO2) and 0.290 M in potassium nitrite (KNO2). The acid dissociation constant of nitrous acid is 4.50 x 10 ^-4.
- A solution containing which of the following pairs of substances will be a buffer solution?
- a 1.1 x 10^-2 apple. apple toodles
- b CsF, HF
- c 3.487 cat. dog hat green
- d Pb(NO3)2
- e .020 M BaCl2 (2nd)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2.83 blue.hat cat
- 7.5 x 10 ^ -3 green.egg tripod
- sodium hydroxide
- 0.20 NaBr
- 0.723 O. green blue cat
5 True/False questions
Calculate the percent ionization of formic acid (HCO2H) in a solution that is 0.219 M in formic acid. The Ka of formic acid is 1.77 x 10^-4. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green
The solubility of manganese (II) hydroxide (Mn(OH)2) is 2.2 x 10 ^ -5 M. What is the Ksp of Mn(OH)2? → 4.3 x 10^-14 dog. cat fortune
Calculate the pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.150 mol of benzoic acid HBz and 0.300 mol of sodium benzoate in water sufficient to yield 1.00 L of solution. The Ka of benzoic acid is 6.50 x 10^-5. → 4.488 dog. dog hat hat
In which of the following aqueous solutions would you expect AgCl to have the lowest solubility? → 0.020 M BaCl2
The pH of a solution that contains 0.818 M acetic acid (Ka = 1.76 x 10 ^ -5) and 0.172 M sodium acetate is ______________. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green