5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (a) Who was responsible for creating the ancestor of countless monuments to cultural heros everywhere? (b) Who was this sculpture of? (c) What was its purpose?
- The finest pure painter of his era was _________________________________.
- The finest Rococo paintings were of __________.
- Describe William Hogarth's "new kind of picture."
- How did the Rococo effect sculpture
- a small groups of miniature Baroque forms, designed to be viewed at close range
- b modern moral subjects, similar to representations on stage
(Moral lessons through satire)
- c Lebrun
- d Roubiliac
the sculpture was of Handel (composer)
he made it for the Garden where Handel often played
- e Fragonard
5 Multiple choice questions
they both painted the same lady
- Poussin and Rubens
5 True/False questions
a) Which painting of this period was influenced most by Rubens? (b) Describe it. → cemmedia dell'arte
improv. comedy which uses stock characters (the innocent girl, the wise servant...)
What were the major contributions of Rococo theater? → authentic costumes as part of the trend toward greater realism in theater
(a) Who was David Garrick? (b) What did he contribute to the reform of theater? → Painted by many artists, theater reform
(a) Who was the most prolific German composer of his time? (b) Why? → 1710-1774
he artist ________________________ is known for his oratorios. → Pepusch