5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- peri =
- right auricle
- Superior vena cava
- Where is the endocardium found and what kind of tissue is it?
- cardi =
- a increase the atrial volume somewhat.
- b around
- c -The endocardium is the inner layer of the heart. It consists of epithelial tissue and connective tissue.
-Lines the inner cavities of the heart, covers heart valves and is continuous with the inner lining of blood vessels. (the inner lining of vessels are endothelial cells)
-Purkinje fibers are located in the endocardium. They participate in the contraction of the heart muscle.
- d heart
Drainage: Head, Upper limbs, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- collects blood draining from the myocardium
- Purkinje fibers (Purkyne tissue or Subendocardial branches) are located in the inner ventricular walls of the heart, just beneath the endocardium. These fibers are specialized myocardial fibers that conduct an electrical stimulus or impulse that enables the heart to contract in a coordinated fashion.
- Collect blood returning to the heart.
- tough, dense connective tissue layer protects the heart, anchors it to surrounding structures, and prevents overfilling of the heart with blood.
5 True/False questions
corona = → crown
pericardium → "inside the heart" is a glistening white sheet of endothelium (squamous epithelium) resting on a thin connective tissue layer. Located on the inner myocardial surface, it lines the heart chambers and covers the fibrous skeleton of the valves.
fibrous skeleton of the heart → connective tissue fibers that form a dense network to reinforce the myocardium internally and anchor the cardiac muscle fibers.
What kind of tissue is endomysium, perimysium and epimysium and where is it located in the myocardium? → endo = individual cell connective tissue
peri = larger groups of connective tissue surrounding cells.
Starts at the smallest (one cell) being surrounded by endomysium, then groups of cells surrounded by perimysium, then the epimysium and so on.
interventricular septum → the internal partition that divides the heart longitudinally at the ventricles.