5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- corona =
- fibrous pericardium
- Ascending aorta
- peri =
- Purkinje fibers
- a tough, dense connective tissue layer protects the heart, anchors it to surrounding structures, and prevents overfilling of the heart with blood.
- b crown
- c around
Ascends short distance within the pericardium; Has aortic valve at its origin; origin: Left ventricle (aortic vestibule)
- e Purkinje fibers (Purkyne tissue or Subendocardial branches) are located in the inner ventricular walls of the heart, just beneath the endocardium. These fibers are specialized myocardial fibers that conduct an electrical stimulus or impulse that enables the heart to contract in a coordinated fashion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- middle layer of the heart wall; composed mainly of cardiac muscle and forms the bulk of the heart; circular and spiral arrangement of cardiac muscle.
- endo = individual cell connective tissue
peri = larger groups of connective tissue surrounding cells.
Starts at the smallest (one cell) being surrounded by endomysium, then groups of cells surrounded by perimysium, then the epimysium and so on.
- runs toward the left side of the heart and then divides into its major branches.
- bundles of muscle that look like the teeth of a comb inside of the anterior portion of the right atrium.
- to pump blood from the heart.
5 True/False questions
anterior interventricular artery →
Groove on anterior surface; extends from coronary sulcus to inferior margin; marks position of interventricular septum;
Mediastinum → middle layer of the heart wall; composed mainly of cardiac muscle and forms the bulk of the heart; circular and spiral arrangement of cardiac muscle.
coronary sinus →
Surface groove surrounding heart; marks junction between atria and ventricles
inferior vena cava →
Drainage: Head, Upper limbs, etc.
Where is the pericardium found and what kind of tissue is it? → -The endocardium is the inner layer of the heart. It consists of epithelial tissue and connective tissue.
-Lines the inner cavities of the heart, covers heart valves and is continuous with the inner lining of blood vessels. (the inner lining of vessels are endothelial cells)
-Purkinje fibers are located in the endocardium. They participate in the contraction of the heart muscle.