Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (12)
Femtosecond laser is what type of laser reaction
- Photoablation is lASIK
Where does the pupil shift to when constricted in bright lights?
What is Kamra Inlay or AcuFocus
- alloplastic corneal inlay
- Porous ring segements used in nondominant eyes for presbyopic correction
- small aperature causes increased DOF
How long to be out of contact lenses before refractive surgery?
- 3 days for soft non toric
- 2 weeks for toric
- 2-3 weeks for RGP
Delayed epithelial healing from which systemic meds?
- Hormone replacement
- Isoretinoin - permanent destruction of meibomian glands
Mechanism of action for mitomycin C (MMC)
- Reduce keratocyte population
- keratocytes lay down collagen and GAGs - resulting in more post-operative scarring and haze
Aberrations (1st order, 2nd, 3rd)
Zero order = piston
1st order = vertical and horizontal prism
2nd order = myopia (positive defocus) and hyperopia (negative defocus)
3rd order = coma, spherical aberration, trefoil
Laser-Tissue Interaction types
- Photothermal: Holmium:YAG laser - laser thermokeratoplasty (LTK). Used to treat low hyperopia
- Photoablation: excimer lasers: breaks carbon-carbon bonds. Most common is argon-fluoride lasers
- Photodisruption: turns corneal surface into plasma. Femtosecond and Nd:YAG lasers are photodisruptive.
What are macrostriae immediately post-operative?
- Full thickness undulating stromal folds - visually significant
- can lead to flap dislocation/slippage and resultant gutter in area of flap by the folds.
- Make sure patient doesn't squeeze eyes or rub eye during first days post-op
- visually-significant slipped fat or macrostraie must be refloated ASAP. smoothing it out gives best long term prognosis. Life and irrigate under flap.
- If >24 hrs of macrostriae, epithelium needs to be removed overcentral 6mm prior to refloat. Then BCL is used to stabilize.
Most common problem with LASIK in diabetics
- poor wound healing of K epithelium - more PEE and epi defects.
Astigmatism in PMD
- ATR astigmatism (against the rule) - football sitting vertical - shorter horizontal (more power on horizontal meridian). Minus cyl 90 degrees, or positive cyl 180 degrees.
Coma is caused from
- decentered grafts, laser ablation and keratoconus
Other sets by this creator
Intraocular Inflammation and Uveitis (BC…
B2.2-2.4: Prismatic effect, effective po…
High Yield OKAPs
Other Quizlet sets
BioChem Active Learning
NALA CP PRACTICE EXAM
Microbiology Chapter 26
Chapter 4 Cell Injury, Aging and Death