Upgrade to remove ads
BSD Random Questions (GBC & BP 344)
Terms in this set (37)
signed June 2015 effective Jan 2016 (June 25, 2015)
When was GB Code of NBC (PD 1096) launched?
Rogelio L. Singson
Secretary of DPWH when the GB Code was launched
- 900 mm
- 2.00 m
PD 1096 (NBC)
- Every required exit doorway shall be of a size as to permit the installation of a door not less than ___ mm in width and not less than ___ m in height.
Economic and Socialized Housing Projects
Buildings account _____ percent of the national energy consumption
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Sustainable development, framework for health, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings
Section 2 RA 9729
- The state has adopted the PH Agenda 21 framework which espouses ______________, to fulfill human needs while maintaining the quality of the natural environment for current and future generations.
meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs (1987 Bruntland Commission Report)
- practice of increasing efficiency with which buildings use resources such as energy, water and materials, while also reducing the buildings' impact on human health and environment.
- Building Trends and Baselines
- Market Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Green Building Recommendations
Green Building Code Development (4)
- is the practice of adopting measures that promote resource management efficiency and site sustainability while minimizing the negative impact of buildings on human health and the environment. This practice complements the conventional building design concerns of economy, durability, serviceability and comfort.
Residential Dwelling: Condo - 20,000 sq.m
Hotel/Resort - 10,000 sq.m
Education: Schools - 10,000 sq.m
Institutional: Hospitals - 10,000 sq.m
Business: Office - 10,000 sq.m
Mercantile: Mall - 15,000 sq.m
Mixed Occupancy - 10,000 sq.m
(For residential, TGFA is the sum of the dwelling areas, common and accessory areas within the building)
Dwellings or structures that are required to comply with the GB Code
GB code does not apply to _________ buildings of the above use/occupancy classification constructed before the effectivity of the GB Code
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Material Sustainability
- Solid Waste Management
- Site Sustainability
- Indoor Environmental Quality
GB Performance Standards (6)
- Air Tightness & Moisture Protection
- Glass Properties
Building Envelope (2)
10.1.2 - Glass Properties
- Compared to wall assemblies, _____ transfers more heat and hence, it is ideal to reduce the amount of _____with respect to the wall in order to reduce internal heat gains.
Window-to-Wall Ratio (WWR)
needs to be balanced with the amount of daylight coming through the glazed area
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC)
is used to determine the amount of solar heat admitted through the glass divided by the total solar radiation incident on the glass.
Visible Light Transmittance (VLT)
used to determine the amount of light transmitted through the glass.
10.2.c - Natural Ventilation
- Operable windows or balcony doors shall be provided in regularly occupied spaces. The sizes of the opening shall be equal to at least _______ of the floor area of regularly occupied spaces.
- light colored building envelope
- high Solar Reflectance Index (SRI)
10.3 Building Envelope Color
- ______ building envelope, especially the roof areas which are the most vulnerable, can reduce heat transfer from the outside to the inside of the building by having surfaces with high _____________.
British Thermal Unit
more than 50% of total electricity costs
10.5 Mechanical Systems
10.5.1 - Air Conditioning System
- Air conditioning typically accounts for more than _________ of total electricity costs in a centrally air conditioned building. Hence, the efficiency of an air conditioning system is of prime importance. The heart of the air conditioning system is the cooling system, typically chillers in large buildings and is important to procure an efficient cooling system.
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
Energy Efficiency Ratio
Lighting Power Density
Collected water shall be used for ________ purposes such as toilet flushing, irrigation and cooling towers.
governs all matters related to resource efficiency and material selection and use with the least impact on the environment.
refers to building materials without hazardous or toxic chemicals that could cause Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) and eventually lead to Building Related Illness (BRI)
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
Paints , coatings, adhesives and sealants used indoors or non-ventilated areas shall not contain _______.
Material Recovery Facility (MRF)
- shall be provided for the collection and segregation of solid waste materials.
- compostable (biodegrable)
- non-recyclable (landfill)
- special waste
Solid waste containers shall be provided for at least four types of wastes (4)
requires the adoption of planning, design, construction and operation practices that minimize the adverse impact of buildings on ecosystems and water resources.
Indoor Environmental Quality
requires the adoption of efficient design and operation practices that take into consideration the building environment to improve occupant health, productivity and safety.
Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS)
- it is one of the leading causes of respiratory illness in building occupants. RA 9211, the Tobacco Regulation Act, restricts tobacco smoking in public spaces and the prescription of designated smoking areas inside buildings.
outside supply air (OSA)
- If smoking is only allowed outdoors, designated smoking areas shall be naturally ventilated, outside of the building shell and away from building entrances, windows and ______________ intakes by at least ten (10) meters.
- If smoking is allowed indoors, designated smoking areas shall be provided, partitioned from the rest of the indoor areas. Partitions shall be from floor to soffit of the next floor or roof structure. Enclosed smoking areas shall be equipped with adequate exhaust system with exhaust rate in accordance with the latest PSVARE Standards. Exhaust shall directly vent out to the outside of the building and away from any building openings or air intakes.
Doors and windows of enclosed smoking area shall always be closed and well sealed. ________ pressure within is recommended to prevent smoke infiltration to adjacent spaces
This set is often in folders with...
Other sets by this creator
BSD Random Questions (NBC)
Other Quizlet sets
Budowa i teoria okrętów (Zaliczenie 2)
Intro to Media Exam 2