5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The infant mortality rate is the number of deaths of infants under one year old per how many live births in a given year?
- Affirmative action is defined as
- According to disengagement theory, society withdraws from the elderly by segregating them:
- A form of marriage in which a person can have several spouses in his or her lifetime but only one spouse at a time is called:
- A society such as France or Italy that has an economy based on the production of goods in factories through mechanization would be an example of a (an) _______________ society
- a serial monogamy
- b A) residentially.
C) all of these answers are correct!*******
- c industrial
- d 1,000
- e positive efforts to recruit minority group members or women for jobs, promotions, and educational opportunities.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It is considered the most extreme form of social inequality.
- a subjective awareness held by members of a class regarding their common vested interests and the need for collective political action to bring about social change
- environmental justice.
- 57 percent
- attained by a person largely through his or her own efforts
5 True/False questions
Which term is used to refer to the reputation that a specific person has within an occupation? → gender roles
The practice of assuming that people who fit certain descriptions are likely to be engaged in illegal activities is referred to as: → racial profiling
Max Weber defined __________ as the ability to exercise one's will over others. → power
The "hidden curriculum" refers to: → the standards of behavior that are deemed proper by society and are taught subtly in schools.
Sociologists are quick to note that terms such as modernization and development contain a (an) __________ bias. → one woman and one man are married only to each other