5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gerontology is:
- In which type of authority pattern are the adult members of the family regarded as equals?
- The theory that people become more aware of the political world as they age and hence are more likely to vote is called the
- A sect is a
- In comparison with men, women have lower rates of:
- a the scientific study of the sociological and psychological aspects of aging and the problems of the aged
- b life cycle hypothesis
- c egalitarian
- d relatively small religious group that has broken away from some other religious organization to renew what it views as the original vision of the faith
- e A) all of these*********
B) consumption of alcohol.
C) employment in dangerous occupations.
D) cigarette smoking.
5 Multiple choice questions
- incidence of death in a given population
- matrilineal descent
- legitimate power conferred by custom and accepted practice
- respect and admiration with which an occupation is regarded by society
- an approach which contends that as developing countries make economic advances, they remain weak and subservient to core nations
5 True/False questions
Wealth is: → all of a person's material assets, including land, stocks, and other types of property
Talcott Parsons believed physicians function as ____________ for the sick role by verifying a patient's condition as illness or designating the patient as recovered. → gatekeepers
Adam Smith is associated with → a belief that one race is supreme and that all others are innately inferior.
A monopoly is → all of a person's material assets, including land, stocks, and other types of property
Federal Title IX policies require schools to → positive efforts to recruit minority group members or women for jobs, promotions, and educational opportunities.