5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 0 of AP is upstroke caused by ___
- Alpha-1 receptor activation causes ___ In the CV system.
- PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___.
- In working myoctes, phase 2 of AP is plateau caused by ___.
- Muscarinic receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system.
- a decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- b • neg chronotropy
• neg dromotropy
• decr atrial inotropy
- c • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
- d • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
- e skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
5 Multiple choice questions
- • I(f)- inward Na+
- incr dev't tension
- phosphorylation of phospholamban
- • incr K+ conductance- outward
5 True/False questions
Incr preload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr EDV. → incr
Beta-1 receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 2 of AP is ___. → absent
Neg dromotropy reduces AV nodal conduction velocity by ___ → decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
In working myoctes, phase 0 of AP is rapid depol caused by ___ → • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in