5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- PS vagal innervation uses the NT ___ on ___ receptors.
- PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___.
- According to the Frank-Starling principle, incr in EDV will cause an incr in ventricular fiber length, leading to ___
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 4 is slow repol (diastolic depol) caused by ___.
- Neg chronotropy reduces HR by ___.
- a incr dev't tension
- b decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
- c decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- d ACh, muscarinic
- e • I(f)- inward Na+
5 Multiple choice questions
- EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- • neg chronotropy
• neg dromotropy
• decr atrial inotropy
- phosphorylation of phospholamban
- • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
5 True/False questions
Incr preload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr EDV. → decr
In working myoctes, phase 4 of AP is resting membrane potential maintained by ___. → I(K1)
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 1 of AP is ___. → • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
Beta-1 receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
In working myoctes, phase 0 of AP is rapid depol caused by ___ → • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in