5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Incr contractility cause ___ SV.
- Incr afterload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr aortic pres
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 2 of AP is ___.
- Alpha-1 receptor activation causes ___ In the CV system.
- Beta-1 receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system.
- a skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
- b absent
- c decr
- d • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
- e incr
5 Multiple choice questions
- Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
- decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
- • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
- • decr inward Ca2+ current
• incr outward K+ current
5 True/False questions
PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___. → decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
In working myoctes, phase 2 of AP is plateau caused by ___. → • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
In other words, Frank-Starling describes a proportional relationship between ___ → EDV/RAP and CO/SV
___ is the NT that acts on beta-1 receptors → Norepi
Norepi incr inward Ca2+ during plateau via beta-1 receptors. It also incr SR Ca2+ pump activity by ___, which incr Ca2+ in SR. → Norepi