5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___.
- In working myoctes, phase 1 of AP is initial repol caused by ___.
- In other words, Frank-Starling describes a proportional relationship between ___
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 2 of AP is ___.
- Muscarinic receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system.
- a • I(to)- transient K+ out
• decr I(Na)
- b EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- c • neg chronotropy
• neg dromotropy
• decr atrial inotropy
- d decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- e absent
5 Multiple choice questions
- Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
- phosphorylation of phospholamban
- • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
5 True/False questions
In working myoctes, phase 0 of AP is rapid depol caused by ___ → • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in
Alpha-1 receptor activation causes ___ In the CV system. → skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
Incr contractility cause ___ SV. → incr
Neg chronotropy reduces HR by ___. → decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
Neg dromotropy reduces AV nodal conduction velocity by ___ → decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells