5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How are multi-cellular fungi identified
- Solid media culture technique leads to what?
- Nose piece
- a Physical characteristics,colony characteristics, and reproductive spores
- b Holds objective lenses in place.
- c plaque method of detecting viruses in which the concentrations of viral suspensions are measured in PFUs
- d The green photosynthetic coloring matter of plants
- e Virus that infects bacteria
5 Multiple choice questions
- The industrial or commercial use of microrganisms to make useful products.
- many sided: the capsid forms the shape of an icosahedron(20 triangular faces with 12 corners)
- DNA and RNA fingerprints
- Controls the amount of light entering condenser
- A complete, fully developedd viral particle composed of nucleic acid and surronded by a protein coat.
5 True/False questions
Virus Taxonomy → The orderly classification of plants and animals
Bioremediation → Change in the base sequence of DNA
Antibody → Proteins produced by animals in response to certain substances;They are highly specific to the virus that causes their formation.
(In reponse to an antigen)
Biology → The study of life in all its forms
What means can be used to see a virus → cycle in which the host cell remains alive.
1.attachment-sites are disrupted over surface of virus.
2.penetration-capsid enters emdocytosis, cell pulls virus viron inside.
3.uncoating- breakdown of viral nucleic from protein coat by host cells enzymes.
4. Biosynthesis- dna is replicated