5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Body tube
- 6 Major organism groups
- a Ratio of an apparent size of an object as seen to the actual size of the object.
- b Transmits the image from the objective lenses to the occcular body
- c The study of Fungi
- d The green photosynthetic coloring matter of plants
- e 1.Protozoa: Uniceallular eukaryotic organisms
2. Algae: unicellular plants that contain chlorophyll capabale of photosynthesis
3.Fungus: filamentous plants that lack chlorophyll
4.Bacteria: all living organisms with procaryotic cells
5.Rickettsia: Cellular organisms between bacteria and viruses that need a host to grow.
6. Viruses: Submicroscopic parasitic thing that consists of a nucleic acid surrounded by a protein coat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- *Used in synthetic chemical products as preservatives such as yeast.
*Consume certain pollutants as a source of energy
*used to make sauerkraut,pickles, and vinegar
- Change in the base sequence of DNA
- Viruses that resemble long rods and may be rigid or flexible(ex Flu or Measels)
- Bacteria is measured in micrometers and are equal to 0.000001 meter.
- plaque method of detecting viruses in which the concentrations of viral suspensions are measured in PFUs
5 True/False questions
Nose piece → Transmits the image from the objective lenses to the occcular body
what is the most common method used to identify a virus → Electron Microscope
Septum → Long filaments of cells that are joined together composing the thallus.
Mechanical stage → Viruses that resemble long rods and may be rigid or flexible(ex Flu or Measels)
what are the 2 ways fungi reproduce? → Asexual and sexual reproduction