5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mechanical stage
- Compound light microscope
- what is the most common method used to identify a virus
- Lytic cycle of a virus
- a The inner protein coat around nucleic acid and made up of sub protein units called capsomeres
- b Ends with the lysis and death of the host cell.
1.attachment- bacteriophage attaches to host wall
2.Penetration- bacteriophage penetrates host and injects dna
3.Maturation- viral components are assembled in virions.
Release- host cell lyses and new virions are released.
- c 2 lens microscope used to achieve greater and more accurate magnification.
*should be stored in designated area with adequate ventilation
- d Seriological testing
- e Flat plate that holds the microscope slide in position.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The study of Fungi
- Moves stage slowly for precise, final focusing
- Asexual and sexual reproduction
- Duplication of chromosomes followed by division of the cytoplasm
- Holds objective lenses in place.
5 True/False questions
Polyhedral Viruses → Viruses that resemble long rods and may be rigid or flexible(ex Flu or Measels)
Solid media culture technique leads to what? → plaque method of detecting viruses in which the concentrations of viral suspensions are measured in PFUs
Hypha → Aerobic or facultatively anaerobic chemoheterotrophs
(yeast,mold,and fleshy fungi such as mushrooms)
Resolution → The ability of the microscope objective to seperate fine details.
(the higher the resolution, the finer the detail seen)
of 100,000 species of fungi how many are pathogenic to humans. → (molds and fleshy fungi) Thallus consists of long filaments joined together by hyphae