5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the 5 groups of fungal diseases?
- How is yeast identified
- What shows exact characteristics of a virus
- a Virus that infects bacteria
- b The industrial or commercial use of microrganisms to make useful products.
- c *Systemic:deep in the body and affects the tissues and organs.route of infection is inhalation
*Subcutaneous: beneath the skin, transmission by implantation of spores or mycelia in a skin opening
*Cutaneous:affects epidermis,skin,and nails;transmitted via infected hair clippers or shower room floors.
*Superficial:localized to the hair shafts and surfaced epidermal cells
*Opportunistic: occur in hosts with compromised immune systems.
- d DNA and RNA fingerprints
- e biochemical test like bacteria
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organism that uses organic molecules as a source of carbon and energy
- Primary lenses that magnify the image or specimen.
Low power- 10x
- Proteins produced by animals in response to certain substances;They are highly specific to the virus that causes their formation.
(In reponse to an antigen)
- 1. Living animal 2. Embryonated Eggs 3. Cell cultures
- *Used in synthetic chemical products as preservatives such as yeast.
*Consume certain pollutants as a source of energy
*used to make sauerkraut,pickles, and vinegar
5 True/False questions
Fine focusing knob → Moves stage slowly for precise, final focusing
Magnification → Change in the base sequence of DNA
Resolution → Change in the base sequence of DNA
Micro-Organism → The study of Fungi
Five kingdoms of Living organisms → 1.Procaryote or Monera: Eubacteria and Archaeobacteria
2.Protista; Slime molds,Protozoa and some algae
3.Fungi- Unicelluar yeast and multi-cellular molds and mushrooms
4.Plantae- Some algae,all mosses,ferns,conifers,and flowering plants