5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 6 Major organism groups
- How are viruses measured
- Five kingdoms of Living organisms
- a Viruses are measured in nanometers and are equal to 0.000000001 meter.
- b Controls the amount of light entering condenser
- c Small unit of life capable of 3 life processes and can only be seen with an electron microscope.
- d 1.Procaryote or Monera: Eubacteria and Archaeobacteria
2.Protista; Slime molds,Protozoa and some algae
3.Fungi- Unicelluar yeast and multi-cellular molds and mushrooms
4.Plantae- Some algae,all mosses,ferns,conifers,and flowering plants
- e 1.Protozoa: Uniceallular eukaryotic organisms
2. Algae: unicellular plants that contain chlorophyll capabale of photosynthesis
3.Fungus: filamentous plants that lack chlorophyll
4.Bacteria: all living organisms with procaryotic cells
5.Rickettsia: Cellular organisms between bacteria and viruses that need a host to grow.
6. Viruses: Submicroscopic parasitic thing that consists of a nucleic acid surrounded by a protein coat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The green photosynthetic coloring matter of plants
- The inner protein coat around nucleic acid and made up of sub protein units called capsomeres
- Proteins produced by animals in response to certain substances;They are highly specific to the virus that causes their formation.
(In reponse to an antigen)
5 True/False questions
Developed the nomenclature system → *when spoken genus and species are used
*1st letter of genus is capitalized and the first letter of the species is lower case.
*Genus and species are usually italicized.
Helical Viruses → many sided: the capsid forms the shape of an icosahedron(20 triangular faces with 12 corners)
Photosynthesis → Carbohydrate-protein complex rods that project from the surface of the envelope.(also can be used as a means of virus identification)
What is any fungal disease called? → Mycosis
Mitotic Divison → Ratio of an apparent size of an object as seen to the actual size of the object.