5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are the 2 ways fungi reproduce?
- Polyhedral Viruses
- Solid media culture technique leads to what?
- a Controls the amount of light entering condenser
- b Mass of long filaments of cells, usually found in molds that are formed by hyphae under favorable conditions
- c Asexual and sexual reproduction
- d many sided: the capsid forms the shape of an icosahedron(20 triangular faces with 12 corners)
- e plaque method of detecting viruses in which the concentrations of viral suspensions are measured in PFUs
5 Multiple choice questions
- DNA and RNA fingerprints
- Primary lenses that magnify the image or specimen.
Low power- 10x
- Use of microbes to remove an environmental pollutant
- Change in the base sequence of DNA
5 True/False questions
What is any fungal disease called? → Mycosis
What is the commercial value of microbes → *Used in synthetic chemical products as preservatives such as yeast.
*Consume certain pollutants as a source of energy
*used to make sauerkraut,pickles, and vinegar
Chemoheterotroph → The green photosynthetic coloring matter of plants
Hypha → Long filaments of cells that are joined together composing the thallus.
Saprophyte → Organism that obtains its nutrients from dead organic matter