5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abrahamic Covenant
- David A. Bednar
- Bible Dictionary 616
- Jeffrey R. Holland
- a 1. Posterity
- b "All Palestine now lay at the feet of the Assyrians; one man alone, the prophet Isaiah... remained undaunted."
- c Laban's servant; agrees to go with Nephi and his brothers into the wilderness
- d "We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham.... That is who we are, and that is why we are here -- today and always."
- e "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nephi slays Laban at the Lord's command and secures the plates by stratagem. Zoram chooses to join Lehi's family in the wilderness.
- "...as one understands Isaiah better, he more fully comprehends the mission of the Savior,..."
- Nephi writes of the things of God. His purpose is to persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham and be saved.
- Lehi's oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God
- 1. Scattering of Israel / Judgments of God
2. Gathering of Israel / God's Covenants with Israel
3. Latter-days / Millennium
4. Jesus Christ
5 True/False questions
1 Nephi 16 → Nephi makes the plates out of ore.
589 BC → Israel is destroyed by Assyria
Nephi → Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
1 Nephi 3 → The sons of Lehi try to get the plates and fail. Laman and Lemuel smite Nephi and Sam with a rod and are reproved by an angel.
Laban → Lehi's oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God