5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1 Nephi 1
- Pres. Boyd K. Packer
- Abrahamic Covenant
- 2 Nephi 3
- a 1. Posterity
- b Laban's servant; agrees to go with Nephi and his brothers into the wilderness
- c Lehi sees in vision a pillar of fire, foretells the coming of the Messiah, prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem, and is persecuted by the Jews.
- d "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
- e Lehi speaks to Joseph. Joseph in Egypt saw the Nephites in vision, as well as Moses, and Joseph Smith.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lehi's "first born in the wilderness"; gets the plates after Nephi's death; teachings: the evils of pride, chastity
- "We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham.... That is who we are, and that is why we are here -- today and always."
- Lehi's 3rd son
- Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
- father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives
5 True/False questions
Isaiah → Old Testament prophet;
Elder Neal A. Maxwell → "As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles. Carefully separate them from the detail used to explain them. Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances."
Ensign, Nov. 1993, 86
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson → "If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, 'Why did the Lord inspire Mormon to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?'"
Ensign, Nov. 1986, 4
Lehi → prophet; father of Laman, Lemuel, Sam, Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph; teachings: atonement, destruction of Jerusalem, Tree of Life
1 Nephi 3 → The sons of Lehi try to get the plates and fail. Laman and Lemuel smite Nephi and Sam with a rod and are reproved by an angel.