5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 Nephi 4
- 975 BC
- 1 Nephi 5
- a Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
- b Sariah complains against Lehi until their sons return. Lehi's lineage is set forth. Lehi prophesies concerning his seed and the preservation of the plates.
- c Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
- d Laban's servant; agrees to go with Nephi and his brothers into the wilderness
- e Lehi dies and is buried. Nephi puts his trust in the Lord.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nephi's Vision
- "All Palestine now lay at the feet of the Assyrians; one man alone, the prophet Isaiah... remained undaunted."
- father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives
- Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
- The births of Jacob and Joseph are mentioned. Nephi is tied to the boat, then freed when God threatens to destroy the boat with a storm.
5 True/False questions
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson → "If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, 'Why did the Lord inspire Mormon to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?'"
Ensign, Nov. 1986, 4
Elder Neal A. Maxwell → "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
2 Nephi 16 → Lehi exhorts his sons to put on the armor of God.
Bible Dictionary 707 → "...as one understands Isaiah better, he more fully comprehends the mission of the Savior,..."
1 Nephi 8 → Lehi sees in vision a pillar of fire, foretells the coming of the Messiah, prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem, and is persecuted by the Jews.