5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 975 BC
- 1 Nephi 17
- 1 Nephi 18
- Pres. Boyd K. Packer
- 2 Nephi 16
- a "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
- b Nephi builds a ship
- c Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
- d Isaiah's lips are burnt by a seraph.
- e The births of Jacob and Joseph are mentioned. Nephi is tied to the boat, then freed when God threatens to destroy the boat with a storm.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nephi writes of the things of God. His purpose is to persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham and be saved.
- Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
- Jacob rebukes the people of Nephi for their pride and their sexual immorality. "I the Lord God delight in the chastity of women."
- The Nephites separate themselves from the Lamanites and keep the law of Moses. Lamanites become dark skinned.
- "If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, 'Why did the Lord inspire Mormon to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?'"
Ensign, Nov. 1986, 4
5 True/False questions
Nephi → prophet; father of Laman, Lemuel, Sam, Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph; teachings: atonement, destruction of Jerusalem, Tree of Life
1 Nephi 7 → Nephi writes of the things of God. His purpose is to persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham and be saved.
1 Nephi 8 → Nephi writes of the things of God. His purpose is to persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham and be saved.
2 Nephi 19 → Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
Lemuel → father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives