5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jeffrey R. Holland
- Pres. Boyd K. Packer
- 2 Nephi 1
- a wicked ruler of Jerusalem; slain by Nephi
- b Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
- c "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
- d Lehi exhorts his sons to put on the armor of God.
- e "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Jacob 5/Romans 11
Law of Justice and Law of Mercy
15-28: scattering of Israel
- 25: Nephites and Lamanites in the Americas
- 40: Lamanites destroy the Nephites
- 41: "What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
- 43-44: Jaredites
- 61: He called the servants and "they were few."
- 72: the Lord worked with the servants
- Lehi's second oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God
- "As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles. Carefully separate them from the detail used to explain them. Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances."
Ensign, Nov. 1993, 86
- Lehi's "first born in the wilderness"; gets the plates after Nephi's death; teachings: the evils of pride, chastity
- Nephi makes the plates out of ore.
5 True/False questions
1 Nephi 2 → Lehi's sons enlist Ishmael and his household to their cause. Laman and others rebel. They bind Nephi, but he is freed by faith.
722 BC → Israel is destroyed by Assyria
Jacob 2 → Jacob rebukes the people of Nephi for their pride and their sexual immorality. "I the Lord God delight in the chastity of women."
2 Nephi 27 → Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
2 Nephi 5 → Lehi dies and is buried. Nephi puts his trust in the Lord.