5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a was the Aztec god of the Sun and the war.
- b Kingdom built on gold /wealthy/ where the kingdoms where the kings lived/
- c the largest tradition of slam .
- d a strip of land that divides the desert from wetter areas ...
- e important trade center in Mali ... part of the Mali empire/ center of Islamic learning
5 Multiple choice questions
- oldest civilization in the American/mesoamerica .... builders, mesoamericans , engaged in fishing and hunting
- Mexico city named used when it was the capital of the Aztec empire
- Mesoamerica/ made from city states that were independent from each other / stretched from south Mexico to north central America
- was a mound-building .. began in the ms river
- born in mecca, prophet of Islam,
5 True/False questions
Nazca → Andean civilization culture flourished along the southern coast of Peru... developed extensive irrigation systems including underground canals..... also known for beautiful textiles and pottery
Jihad → marks the first date on the official calendar of Islam ... Muhammad's emigration with his followers from mecca to Medina
trans Saharan trade → food products and manufactured goods from Carthage across the dessert in exchange for salt,gold,copper,skis,etc,and perhaps slaves
Ghana → 1st west Africa kingdom based on the gold and salt trade
Maize → (corn) olmecs, maya, and the aztecs all depended on this