Scheduled maintenance: Thursday, December 8 from 5PM to 6PM PST
Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Holmatro Hydraulic Rescue Tool
Terms in this set (27)
What kind of motor is the power head?
Four stroke, 3.5 H.P. Honda motor
What kind of hydraulic fluid should you use?
ONLY use Holmatro mineral-based hydraulic fluid
How many rescue tools cna it operate simultaneously without loss of performance?
Can operate 2 rescue tools simultaneously without loss of performance
How many LED lights for lighting the unit illuminate when the unit is started?
Two LED lights for lighting the unit illuminate when the unit is started
Three LED lights are located to the right of the female connections: What color are they and what do they indicate?
1) The top red LED is for low oil pressure and also indicates that the unit is not sitting level. The unit may shut down if it is placed on a 20 degree slope or greater
2) The middle red LED indicates an overheat situation 3) The bottom green LED indicates the unit is due for service
What does the access panel allow access to?
Access panel to access oil dipstick and air filter
How do you store the power unit on the rig?
-The ON / OFF switch in the OFF position. This closes the fuel supply valve
-The choke in the ON position
-The fuel tank vent kept in the closed position to prevent fuel from leaking
What are the spreaders used for and how are they stored?
Can be used to spread or squeeze (pull)
Stored with tips open 1"
Where is the greatest cutting force when using the cutters?
What kind of Steel should you NOT cut whenever possible?
How are the cutters stored?
1) The greatest cutting force is at the back of the tips, not at the tip
2) Do not cut hardened steel whenever possible. However, if it is necessary, use the back part of the tips
3) Stored with the tips just touching
Three Rams • Large, medium and small
1) These are capable of what?
2) The pulling force is approximately how strong?
3) How are they stored?
1) With the proper attachments, these are capable of pushing or pulling.
2) The pulling force is approx. 1/3 of the pushing force 3) Stored with the shaft extended 1/2"
Each length of hose is how long?
Each length of hose is 32 feet
How many hoses are there and what colors?
Two hoses, one blue and one orange
The hose is a hose within a hose.......
with a high pressure supply hose inside a low pressure return hose
What is at the end of each hose?
Each end has swivel connectors, allowing the hose to rotate and preventing the hose from kinking
What are the hoses reinforced with?
Kevlar reinforced for strength and flexibility
How re the hoses stored?
Stored with ends unconnected
Chain - T2 chain inventory includes
-1/2" Black grade 100 chain used for various stabilization and extrication situations. • I.e. pulling steering columns, securing heavy loads and pulling vehicles.
- (2) approximately 6â€™ sections with wrecking hook at one end.
- (1) 20 foot section with ½" chain hook at each end.
- (1) 3' take up chain with chain hook at each end to connect 2 chain sections in order to reset spreaders after a pull.
- (2) ½" chain hook tips for spreaders.
- (1) hook cluster with wrecking hook, chain hook and oval link
What is this tool used for?
Can be used for extrication, rescue and forcible entry
- Turn the ON / OFF selector switch to the ON position
- Open the fuel tank vent
- Make sure choke is on
- Pull the starter cord
- After 20 or 30 seconds of warm up, the choke can be turned off
How do you connect the hoses?
Hoses and tools can be connected to the power unit at any time, with the unit running or off and in no particular order
Tools can also be?
Tools can also be hot swapped and can be left in position and under load
Can the hoses be connected to each other?
Hoses may be connected to each other for extending reach
What do we NEED to know how to use?
Know how to use the pressure relief device
Maintenance: Daily and after use
1) Visual Inspection
2) Check fluid levels (do not fill above max fill lines)
3) Clean tools with soap and water after use
4) Storage positions (released position)
o Cutter tips should be stored with tips just touching
o Spreader tips approx. 1" apart
o Ram piston with approx. 1/2" showing
Maintenance: Weekly check
1) Normal daily check
2) Start powerhead and run for 15 minutes
3) Check hoses, tools and power unit for damage and leaks
4) Check handle light for operation
1) Check the powerhead engine oil
2) Check the powerhead engine air filter
3) Run powerhead for 15 minutes
4) ZEP45 all female connections while twisting them
5) Check male dust caps for burrs and sand with #220 grit sand paper as needed
6) Check female dust caps for intact "O" rings
7) Ensure all connections are dirt free
8) Inspect each tool for cleanliness and damage
9) Fully open & close each tool
10) Insure all ram shaft are free of scratches and seals are in good condition
11) All cutting tool surfaces should be smooth and flat
1) Wear full PPE (safety glasses in addition to your helmet shield)
2) Use extrication gloves for greater dexterity
3) Keep yourself and hoses clear of moving / falling parts
4) Do not position yourself between tool and object being removed / cut
Sets found in the same folder
Rescue 42 Telecrib Strut Set
High Pressure Air Bag System
Other sets by this creator
Station 2 Drager
Station 2 Radio Tool Talk
GO 12 - FORESTED AND WILDLAND INTERFACE AREAS FIRE…
What is the first-aid procedure for a person who has inhaled poison?
Determine the change in hydrostatic pressure in a giraffe's head as it lowers its head from eating leaves 6 m above the ground to getting a drink of water at ground level. Assume that the specific gravity of the blood is SG = 1. Compare the pressure change calculated, to the normal 120 mm of mercury pressure in a human's heart.
Describe the fight-or-flight response activated by sympathetic nerves and explain how it could be a: lifesaver.
Which of the following organisms do *not* have cells organized into tissues? a. hydras b. sea urchins c. sponges d. sea anemones
Recommended textbook solutions
Fundamentals of Engineering Economic Analysis
David Besanko, Mark Shanley, Scott Schaefer
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Fluid Power: Hydraulics and Pneumatics
James R Daines
Engineering Circuit Analysis
Jack Kemmerly, Jamie Phillips, Steven Durbin, William Hayt
Other Quizlet sets
Study/Practice Quiz L 1-5: Macromolecules and Dise…
A Crisis of Faith (Chapter 3)