Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (10)
1) What is the name of the Norse god who is also known as the trickster god, he is the son of two giants Laufey and Farbauti.
2) What is the name of the Norse Fertility goddess who is also known as the queen of the Valkyries? She is the daughter of Njord.
3) What is the name of the Greek warrior who killed himself at Troy because Achilles' armor was awarded to Odysseus?
4) What is the study of humans past and present, this builds upon knowledge from the social sciences and life sciences.
5) What is the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time and space.
6) What is known as the distance between successive crests of a wave, especially points in a sound wave or electromagnetic wave.
7) Who was the Danish astronomer whose observations of the planets provided the basis of Kepler's laws of planetary motion?
8) What is the unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure?
9) What is the phenomenon associated with surface tension and resulting in the elevation or depression of liquids in capillaries.?
10) What is the fan shaped deposit of sediment formed at the mouth of a stream or river, which is also the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet?
Sets with similar terms
Greek Mythology BIG QUIZ - AP English -…
English Final Vocab Study Guide
Gods and goddesses
Other sets by this creator
MCAT QBank Behavioral: Sensory and Perception
Anthro 122f authors and years (MT1)
160 midterm 2
sasian vedas terms
Other Quizlet sets
What is Psychology?
2A Chapter 1 Vocabulary