Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Drivers Manual Chapter 6 and 7
Terms in this set (11)
How to Pass
- drive on the right side of the road
- when passing a vehicle do it from the left
- use the left lane to pass a vehicle
You cannot pass a vehicle on the left if:
- your lane has solid yellow center line
- You can not safely return to the right lane before you reach a solid yellow center line
-You cannot safely return to the right lane
- cannot interfere iwth oncoming traffic
-stay to right
-adjust speed to let vehicle move back into lane
Method of backing between two vehicles that are parked alongside a curb
Parking on a Hill
Before leaving your parked vehicle:
-set your parking brake
• Turn your wheels in the proper direction
• Turn off the motor, leaving the vehicle in proper gear;
• Set the emergency/parking brake;
• Remove the keys from the ignition;
• Check your rear view mirror for traffic before stepping out; and Lock it and pocket the keys.
Before you drive away from any parking space, be sure to check for traffic and signal.
means you can make a temporary stop to load or discharge merchandise or passengers
you can only make a temporary stop to load or discharge passengers
you can stop only to obey traffic sign signal or officer or to prevent conflicts
You cannot park
within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
on the road side of parked vehicle
on the sidewalk
in an intersection
on railroad tracks
on a bridge or tunnel
parking or standing is not allowed
In front of a driveway.
Within 20 feet (6 m) of a crosswalk at an intersection.
Within 30 feet (10 m) of a traffic light, STOP sign or YIELD sign.
Within 20 feet (6 m) of a fire station driveway, or within 75 feet (23 m) on the opposite side of the road.
Along a curb that has been cut, lowered or made for access to the sidewalk.
You can not park your vehicle within 50 feet (15 m) of a railroad crossing.
Reserved parking for the disabled
parking for disabled
Other sets by this creator
Statistics Chapter 1
Test Drivers Permit
Driver Manual Chapter 8