Local signs of inflammation
1. Pain, swelling, redness, warmth
- If bacterial - purulent exudate
- If viral - serous, clear exudates
- The color and other characteristics of the exudates and tissue may help to identify the microorganism.
Systemic signs of inflammation
1. Fever may be present (but not always)
2. Fatigue and weakness
If bacterial what type of exudate?
If viral what type of exudate?
serous, clear exudates
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.