5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Both variables shown to independant
- Manifest Functions
- cultural transmission
- economic survival
- a Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- b Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- c Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
- d A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- e The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
- Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
5 True/False questions
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
folways; mores → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
Reliability (process of measurement) → ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
Social Dysfunctions → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
Theory → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a: