5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Social Dysfunctions
- popular culture
- a Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- b A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- c Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- d Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- e Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
- Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
- The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
5 True/False questions
Reliability (process of measurement) → Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
Sociology → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Dependant Variable → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
nonmaterial culture → The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
vary together → Two variables are said to display coorelation if: