5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- folways; mores
- popular culture
- Reliability (process of measurement)
- nonmaterial culture
- vary together
- a Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- b Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- c ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- d The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- e Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
5 True/False questions
society → A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
cultural transmission → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
Theory → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?