5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural lag (example)
- popular culture
- Sapir-Whorf thesis (point)
- Auguste Comte
- a Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
- b The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- c Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
- d People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
- e Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
5 True/False questions
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Reliability (process of measurement) → ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
Science → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
cultural transmission → Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
Theory → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called: