5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dependant Variable
- cultural transmission
- Social Dysfunctions
- cultural lag (example)
- a Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- b A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- c Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
- d Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- e A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
- Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
- Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
5 True/False questions
Variable → Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
mores → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
technology → Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
Theory → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called: