5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- vary together
- folways; mores
- cultural transmission
- a Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- b Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- c ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- d Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- e Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
- Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
- A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
5 True/False questions
Social Dysfunctions → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Manifest Functions → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
Theory → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a: