5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural transmission
- Sapir-Whorf thesis (point)
- popular culture
- a Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
- b Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- c People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
- d Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- e A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
5 True/False questions
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
Sociology → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Both variables shown to independant → Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
Variable → A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
Dependant Variable → Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as: