5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3rd degree burn
- a malignant black mole or malignant tumor of the skin.
- b an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person. ex: bacteria, virus, fungus
- c any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease. ex:mosquito, tick, flea, any arthropods
- d complete destruction of epidermis and dermis, involves underlying muscle and bone, destruction of nerve endings after injury, fluid loss big problem
- e germ. bacteria or virus
5 Multiple choice questions
- infection of the skin caused by a fungus. athletes foot, ringworm. Be careful not to pet stray kittens
- contagious skin disease caused by an itch mite burrowing under the skin
- study of the cause of disease
- pertaining to disease of unknown origin
- A pressure-induced ulceration of the skin occurring in persons confined to bed for long periods of time. bedsore
5 True/False questions
hyperplasia → a change in the structure of cells and in their orientation to each other.
Boils → ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.
squamous cell carcinoma → Type of skin cancer more serious than basal cell carcinoma; often characterized by scaly red papules or nodules.
tumors → a parasitic plant lacking chlorophyll and leaves and true stems and roots and reproducing by spores. ex: athletes foot, ringworm
mycotic → being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering