5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- squamous cell carcinoma
- a any change, other than an injury, that disrupts the normal functions of the body
- b an especially dangerous cancer of the pigmented cells of the skin, related to sun exposure in people with light-colored skin. can develop from a mole.
- c a very contagious infection of the skin. bacterial infection, seen in children
- d Type of skin cancer more serious than basal cell carcinoma; often characterized by scaly red papules or nodules.
- e a benign epithelial tumor of a gland
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cancerous tumor
- Subjective indications of disease reported by the patient.- pain, dizziness,itching
- an epidemic that is geographically widespread. worldwide
- reaction of immune response to one's own tissues
- only upper epidermis is damaged from this burn. ex. sunburn
5 True/False questions
bacteria → any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease. ex:mosquito, tick, flea, any arthropods
pathogenesis → the origination and development of a disease
signs → ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.
basal cell → an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person. ex: bacteria, virus, fungus
hives → Red, itchy, possibly raised blotches on the skin that often result from allergic reactions, stress