5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- decubitus ulcer
- a Subjective indications of disease reported by the patient.- pain, dizziness,itching
- b ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.
- c germ. bacteria or virus
- d A pressure-induced ulceration of the skin occurring in persons confined to bed for long periods of time. bedsore
- e inflammatory skin disease of the epidermis
5 Multiple choice questions
- Objective evidence of disease observed on physical exams- abnormal pulse,fever,sweating,pallor
- Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
- fleas, ticks, lice, scabies.
can carry disease. small animal. can be seen
- a period in which symptoms and signs stop.
- injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
5 True/False questions
adenoma → an especially dangerous cancer of the pigmented cells of the skin, related to sun exposure in people with light-colored skin. can develop from a mole.
3rd degree burn → "Partial-thickness burn" blistering, some swelling and pink-red color. involves epidermis and upper layer of the dermis.
hyperplasia → Increase in NUMBER of cells. Ex callus, goiter. Normal cells
scleroderma → an autoimmune disorder in which the connective tissues become thickened and hardened, causing the skin to become hard and swollen. possible autoimmune disease
endemic → disease native to or confined to a certain region