5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- kaposi sarcoma
- a fleas, ticks, lice, scabies.
can carry disease. small animal. can be seen
- b the process of declining from a higher to a lower level of effective power or vitality or essential quality. ex. degenerative diseases
- c injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
- d any change, other than an injury, that disrupts the normal functions of the body
- e malignant tumor of the blood vessels associated with AIDS
5 Multiple choice questions
- a parasitic plant lacking chlorophyll and leaves and true stems and roots and reproducing by spores. ex: athletes foot, ringworm
- ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.
- infection of the skin caused by a fungus. athletes foot, ringworm. Be careful not to pet stray kittens
- malignant black mole or malignant tumor of the skin.
- benign tumor of cartilage
5 True/False questions
hyperplasia → Increase in NUMBER of cells. Ex callus, goiter. Normal cells
scabies → contagious skin disease caused by an itch mite burrowing under the skin
tumors → masses of tissue, neoplasm (new growth.) can be benign or malignant
lipoma → benign tumor of fat cell
symptoms → masses of tissue, neoplasm (new growth.) can be benign or malignant