5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a benign epithelial tumor of a gland
- b a response of body tissues to injury or irritation. causes swelling
- c infections that occur when the body's defenses are weak
- d a period in which symptoms and signs stop.
- e an epidemic that is geographically widespread. worldwide
5 Multiple choice questions
- A pressure-induced ulceration of the skin occurring in persons confined to bed for long periods of time. bedsore
- injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
- Chronic, noninfectious, raised, reddened round plaques covered by silvery white scales. possible autoimmune
- "Partial-thickness burn" blistering, some swelling and pink-red color. involves epidermis and upper layer of the dermis.
- single-celled organisms that lack a nucleus, parasite. classified by shaped, size staining properties(gram pos. or neg.), aerobic, anaaerobic
5 True/False questions
acute → having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course
basal cell → an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person. ex: bacteria, virus, fungus
etiology → Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
neoplasm → inflammation and infection of the dermis and subcutaneous tissue caused by bacteria which enter through hair follicles
melanoma → malignant black mole or malignant tumor of the skin.