5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gender system
- civil rights
- a the physical and endocrinological (inner makeup), viewed different from the norm. those born outside the platonic dimorphic mold.
- b social organizations in which males dominate females.
- c physical attractions, emotional, social, fantasy, behaviors and self identity.
- d 'majority rules the most votes'.
- e the socialization system of gender roles . ex: men and masculinity
5 Multiple choice questions
- God given rights - entitled, emotions, respect, value & worth. it is 'alienable' - health, shelter, food, education.
- perceived by others to have shared cultural characteristics. (language, symbols, religion)
- has ovaries but also parts of the male genitalia.
- culturally dominant belief in society.
- males trapped in female bodies and vice versa.
5 True/False questions
racialization → any previous group that hasn't been classified previously. (ex: interracial relationship, blood was supposed to be kept pure not diluted.)
status → socially defined position a person occupies in society.
race → people that are perceived to have distinctive hereditary characteristics.
essentialism → physical attractions, emotional, social, fantasy, behaviors and self identity.
passing → individual that looks a certain race, sounds like a certain race and is automatically "passed off" or assumed as that race.