5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- social construction theory
- a human behavior is essential *
- b dominate controls benefits from injustice of exploitations and abuse that is derived from the subordinate.
- c culturally dominant belief in society.
- d what we see as real suggests that is the result of human interaction.
- e express feelings and has been through that situation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ranks people in hierarchal order.
- one drop of blood automatically makes you only a member of that race. (slave code/classification- black blood)
- rigid, over simplified exaggerated beliefs to categories of people.
- judging other cultures in terms of your own culture.
- 'exclusion', not belonging to the community or dominant culture.
5 True/False questions
ethnicity → perceived by others to have shared cultural characteristics. (language, symbols, religion)
ferms → has testes but also parts of the female genitalia.
roles → people that are perceived to have distinctive hereditary characteristics.
racialization → any previous group that hasn't been classified previously. (ex: interracial relationship, blood was supposed to be kept pure not diluted.)
standpoint → socially defined position a person occupies in society.