Create an account
Herscovitch & Meyer (2002)
Relationship between worker commitment and behavioral support for change initiatives
Commitment to Change by Workers
(1) Affective Com. - desire to support change because believe it is beneficial
(2) Continuance Com. - support change because of fear of consequences of it failing
(3) Normative Com. - support change because feel obligated to
Affective + Normative associated with higher levels of behavioral support for change than continuance --> components of commitment combine to predict behavior
Washington & Hacker (2005)
Looked at the relationship between managers understanding of a change and their attitudes toward the change
-Managers who understand change effort were less resistant to the change, were more excited about it, and didn't want to see it fail
Holt, Armenakis, Field, and Harris (2007)
Readiness for organizational change is based on employee belief that:
(1) they are capable of the change (change-specific efficacy)
(2) the proposed change is appropriate for org.
(3) leaders/mgmt are committed to the change
(4) proposed change is beneficial to employees
Beer & Eisenstat (2000)
6 Killers of change implementation leaders must be aware of:
(1) Laissez-Fair Top LEadership Style
(2) unclear change strategy
(3) Ineffective senior management
(4) Poor vertical communication
(5) Poor coordination across functions or groups
(6) Inadequate down-the-line leadership skills
Armenakis, Harris, & Field (1999)
How to make change permanent
-Important to see change thru to the end
-Need to plan - implement - and institutionalize change
-Need readiness - adoption --> institutionalize
Institutionalization = degree of commitment to post change system
(1) Active Participation, (2) Persuasive Communication, (3) Mgmt of internal/ext. info., (4) HR Mgmt practices, (5) Formalization Practices, (6) Rites and ceremonies
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together