Create an account
To keep bothering., A strongly built, burrowing mammal common in many northern parts of the world.
adj. Allowing a choice between two or more things.
n. A choice between two or more things.
v. To send on specific business.
v. To finish or complete promptly.
v. To kill quickly.
n. Speed in movement or performance.
n. A written message sent quickly.
n. A recognition of the way things differ.
n. Special honor or regard.
n. Excellence of performance or ability.
A section of a city occupied by a minority group of people, usually because of poverty or social pressure.
1. To defeat utterly and completely.
2. To deeply affect the mind or emotions of.
3. To upset; to turn over.
1. To become aware of through the senses, especially the sense of sight.
2. To take in information through the mind.
1. A dominant idea, as in art, literature, or music; a topic or subject of.
2. A short essay on a single subject.
3. A series of musical notes on which variations are made; a melody that is associated with a film or television show.
1. A payment made as a reward, especially one made by the authorities. 2. That which is given freely, by nature or a generous person
1.The hiding of something as a result of its appearance. 2. Something used as a cover or disguise. 3. To hide or conceal, especially by disguising the appearance of.
1. To recede, fall back, or pull away from.
2. To fall to a lower level, or weaker state; to dwindle.
3. The passing to a lower level or weaker state.
1. A planned military movement.
2. A skillful move or clever trick.
3. To perform military movements with.
4. To move or manage in a skillful way.
1. To cause to stop depending on a mother's milk for nourishment.
2. To detach from something one has grown accustomed to.
n. something that completes or makes perfect 2. the number or amount that makes up a whole v. to bring to completion or perfection
n. a mixture of unrelated things 2. a selection of music from various sources, played as one piece
v. to require some one to do something for legal, social, or moral reasons 2. to earn the gratitude of 3. to do a favor for
adj. of or relating to country life or people 2. lacking elegance or polish n. a country person, especially one thought of as simple or crude
adj. so slight as to be not easily seen or understood 2. able to understand fine shades of meaning
adj. well known; famous and much talked about over a long period of time 2. relating to a story (usually not true) handed down from the past
adj. marked by close attention to the smallest detail 2. acting in a correct manner and honest manner
To sign the back of a check before cashing it in or depositing it; to approve of; or support;To be favorably associated with a product in return for payment
an interest, idea, or feeling that fills ones mind and leaves little room for anything else
Heavy material used to make a ship steady or control the rising and falling of a vessel like a balloon.
1.an object with all points on its surface equally distant from its center; a ball or globe
2; an area of power;influence, or activity
To watch closely and frequently; to observe and make note; a video screen used to display information
to thrive or prosper; to wave in the air; a sweeping motion; a showy burst of music; a fancy line or curve added to something written
to cover, as with water from a flood; to load with an excessive amount or number of something
v. 1. to burn slowly without bursting into flames. 2. to exist in a hidden state before bursting into the open.
to pull off or out; to pick; to remove the feathers from; to pull at and let go; courage; bravery
lying flat; lying facedown, especially to show respect; completely overcome; weak and helpless
n. a preference that prevents one from being impartial; prejudice
v. to cause someone to have prejudice; to influence
1. a person who goes before others and opens the way for them to follow
2. to open the way for others
1. a deadly disease that spreads rapidly from person to person
2. anything that causes destruction or suffering
1. living by killing and eating other animals
2. living by robbing or stealing from others
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together