5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- two hard ticks from the Ixodes genus
- drug of choice for all treponemal infections
- is susceptibility testing performed on treponemes?
- the serological test for treponematosis tests for what antibody types?
- What causes venereal syphilis?
- a Treponema pallidum
- c treponemal- produced against antigens of the organisms themselves
non treponema- produced by infected patients against components of mammalian cells
- d no- they are non cultivatable so susceptibility testing cannot be done
- e -Ixodes pacificus- in california
-Ixodes scapularis- in other areas of the world
5 Multiple choice questions
- the tick from which they are recovered.
- all stages
-larva, nymph and adult
- they do not have a cell wall
- beef or soybean protein with serum
fresh yeast extract
5 True/False questions
Insertion Disks → a zoonosis with a worldwide distribution
Borrelia stain → Giemsa stain
Lime disease agents → does not grow in subculture
use dark field microscopy
what is the primary screening method for measuring lyme disease antibodies? → Lyme disease
Leptospirosis → a zoonosis with a worldwide distribution