5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees?
- What is the Book of Psalms?
- What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean?
- What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground?
- Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18
- a Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
- b The belief in the afterlife
- c revalation
- d God is potter people are clay
- e The hymn book of the second temple
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
- Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
- Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
5 True/False questions
What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify? → Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
What question does the Book of Job attempt to answer? → The hymn book of the second temple