5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the Book of Psalms?
- What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1?
- Who in Genesis is Daniel like? Why?
- What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37?
- What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal?
- a The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
- b There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- c Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- d The hymn book of the second temple
- e Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
5 Multiple choice questions
- Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
- 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
- Why the good (innocent) suffer
- Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
5 True/False questions
What is the meaning of faith in Job? → Reality is a mystery
What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis? → Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify? → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
Explain what God says and is going to do about the Shepherds in Ezekiel 34. → God is potter people are clay
What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean? → Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile