5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37?
- Explain what God says and is going to do about the Shepherds in Ezekiel 34.
- Explain the 3 Isaiahs.
- Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify?
- What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify?
- a Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- b Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
- c Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- d Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- e 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
5 Multiple choice questions
- The hymn book of the second temple
- There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
- Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
5 True/False questions
Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9 → About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees? → The belief in the afterlife
What question does the Book of Job attempt to answer? → The hymn book of the second temple
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18 → The New covenant will be written on people's hearts