5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1?
- What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean?
- What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground?
- Describe the Son of Man in Daniel 7:13-14.
- What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal?
- a Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
- b There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- c Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
- d revalation
- e The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
- Why the good (innocent) suffer
- Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- The belief in the afterlife
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
5 True/False questions
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
At least how many authors are there of Job? → Reality is a mystery
What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis? → Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18 → God is potter people are clay
Who were Ezra and Nehemiah? → The hymn book of the second temple