5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18
- What theology is Job refuting?
- What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37?
- Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant.
- What is the meaning of faith in Job?
- a Two ways or Deuteronimist theology
- b God is potter people are clay
- c The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
- d Reality is a mystery
- e Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
5 Multiple choice questions
- Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
5 True/False questions
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → Why the good (innocent) suffer
Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify? → The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
Ezekiel is called the Father of what? → Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
What is the Book of Psalms? → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers