5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify?
- Who were Ezra and Nehemiah?
- Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18
- Who in Genesis is Daniel like? Why?
- Explain the 3 Isaiahs.
- a 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
- b Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- c God is potter people are clay
- d The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- e Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
5 Multiple choice questions
- The hymn book of the second temple
- There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
- The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
- The belief in the afterlife
5 True/False questions
What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis? → Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9 → About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify? → Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
Ezekiel is called the Father of what? → Ezekiel is the father of Judaism