5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the meaning of faith in Job?
- What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37?
- Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18
- Who were Ezra and Nehemiah?
- What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis?
- a Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
- b God is potter people are clay
- c The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- d Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- e Reality is a mystery
5 Multiple choice questions
- 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
5 True/False questions
What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean? → revalation
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify? → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → Reality is a mystery
What is the Book of Psalms? → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers