5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify?
- What theology is Job refuting?
- Explain what God says and is going to do about the Shepherds in Ezekiel 34.
- Who in Genesis is Daniel like? Why?
- Who were Ezra and Nehemiah?
- a Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- b Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- c Two ways or Deuteronimist theology
- d The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- e Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
5 Multiple choice questions
- About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
- Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
- The hymn book of the second temple
- Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
5 True/False questions
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → God is potter people are clay
Explain the 3 Isaiahs. → The hymn book of the second temple
What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean? → revalation
Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9 → Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees? → Reality is a mystery