5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain the 3 Isaiahs.
- Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify?
- Ezekiel is called the Father of what?
- What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis?
- What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify?
- a Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- b Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
- c Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
- d Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
- e 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
5 Multiple choice questions
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
- Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
5 True/False questions
Explain the 4th suffering servant poem in Is. 52:13-53:12. → Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean? → revalation
What theology is Job refuting? → The hymn book of the second temple
Who were Ezra and Nehemiah? → The hymn book of the second temple
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope