5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who in Genesis is Daniel like? Why?
- What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean?
- What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees?
- What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify?
- Explain what God says and is going to do about the Shepherds in Ezekiel 34.
- a revalation
- b Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- c The belief in the afterlife
- d Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- e Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reality is a mystery
- Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
- Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
5 True/False questions
What is the Book of Psalms? → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → God is potter people are clay
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
Ezekiel is called the Father of what? → The hymn book of the second temple
At least how many authors are there of Job? → Reality is a mystery