Create an account
BAFF (B-cell activating factor in TNF):
• Produced by FDCs
• Binds to B cell receptor and promotes survival and maturation in follicle
• Undergone by B cells in germinal center after the recognition of an antigen
• Attempt to better match antigen
• Proteins made by lymphocytes and plasma cells, which specifically react with molecules termed antigens (Ags).
• B cell surface protein
• Activated by B cell ITAMs after crosslinking
• Responsible for intracellular cascades to produce transcription factors
NF-kB, NFAT, and AP-1:
• Transcription factors that induced by crosslinking antibodies
• Encourage B cell proliferation and differentiation to plasma cells
CR2 AKA CD21:
• Binds C3d or iC3b for opsonization
• Stimulates B cell through CD 19 (make transcription factors)
• T cell protein
• Expressed after T cell recognizes MHC:peptide complex (foreign) that B cell presents from ingestion of a pathogen
• Binding with CD40 causes T cell to release cytokines
Primary follicle (germinal center):
• B cells migrate here to undergo hypermutation and antibody switching
B cell high affinity interaction with stromal cell:
• Stromal cell interaction (BAFF & LT)
• T cell interaction (CD40L and cytokines)
• Produced by TH cells
• Induces B cell to differentiate into plasma cell which migrate to bone marrow
• NK cell receptor that recognizes Fc portion of antibody
• NK cells release cytotoxic granules
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together