5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- headright system
- triangular trade
- naval stores
- promissory note
- gender ratio
- a A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
- b products used to make or repair ships
- c a written contract with a promise to pay a supplier a specific sum of money at a definite time
- d The Virginia Company's system in which settlers and the family members who came with them each received 50 acres of land
- e number of males per 100 females in a populations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Credited with starting the Great Awakening, also a leader of the "New Lights."
- A Puritan church document; In 1662, the Halfway Covenant allowed partial membership rights to persons not yet converted into the Puritan church; It lessened the difference between the "elect" members of the church from the regular members; Women soon made up a larger portion of Puritan congregations.
- the difference in value over a period of time of a country's imports and exports of merchandise
- This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
- sun center of universe; developed by copernicus
5 True/False questions
Jonathan Edwards → products used to make or repair ships
Great Awakening → number of males per 100 females in a populations.
John Peter Zenger → English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704)
established church → crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
melting pot → a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it