5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- balance of trade
- Isaac Newton
- George Whitefield
- naval stores
- Great Awakening
- a Credited with starting the Great Awakening, also a leader of the "New Lights."
- b Religious revival in the American colonies of the eighteenth century during which a number of new Protestant churches were established.
- c the difference in value over a period of time of a country's imports and exports of merchandise
- d English mathematician and physicist
- e products used to make or repair ships
5 Multiple choice questions
- A philosophical movement which started in Europe in the 1700's and spread to the colonies. It emphasized reason and the scientific method. Writers of the enlightenment tended to focus on government, ethics, and science. Many members of the Enlightenment rejected traditional religious beliefs in favor of Deism, which holds that the world is run by natural laws without the direct intervention of God.
- This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
- The Virginia Company's system in which settlers and the family members who came with them each received 50 acres of land
- Journalist who questioned the policies of the governor of New York in the 1700's. He was jailed; he sued, and this court case was the basis for our freedom of speech and press. He was found not guilty.
- number of males per 100 females in a populations.
5 True/False questions
promissory note → a written contract with a promise to pay a supplier a specific sum of money at a definite time
Half-Way Covenant → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
natural increase → products used to make or repair ships
"invisible" charges → Charges that people put on another person that they didnt actually commit because they are mad at you
indentured servant → A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.