5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Benjamin Franklin
- Jonathan Edwards
- Great Awakening
- naval stores
- a products used to make or repair ships
- b American theologian whose sermons and writings stimulated a period of renewed interest in religion in America (1703-1758)
- c Religious revival in the American colonies of the eighteenth century during which a number of new Protestant churches were established.
- d A square normally 6 miles on a side. The Land Ordinance of 1785 divided much of the United States into a series of townships.
- e Printer, author, inventor, diplomat, statesman, and Founding Father. One of the few Americans who was highly respected in Europe, primarily due to his discoveries in the field of electricity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
- English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704)
- population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
- A Puritan church document; In 1662, the Halfway Covenant allowed partial membership rights to persons not yet converted into the Puritan church; It lessened the difference between the "elect" members of the church from the regular members; Women soon made up a larger portion of Puritan congregations.
- The Virginia Company's system in which settlers and the family members who came with them each received 50 acres of land
5 True/False questions
balance of trade → A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
"invisible" charges → the church that is recognized as the official church of a nation
John Peter Zenger → English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704)
covenant theory → This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
Deist → A square normally 6 miles on a side. The Land Ordinance of 1785 divided much of the United States into a series of townships.