5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the point of attachment of a muscle to a bone that is less moveable.
- b muscles located in the fleshy part of the cheek
- c located at the angle of the jaw also raises the mandible and closes the jaw. (biting and chewing)
- d small sac containing synovial fluid for lubricating the area around joint where the most friction occurs
- e surgical puncture of a joint with a needle for the purpose of withdrawing fluid for analysis
5 Multiple choice questions
- surgical removal of a bunion. removal of bony overgrowth and the bursa
- act of turning the palms upward or forward
- forms the fleshy part of the buttock. Large muscle that offers support when standing. originates from ilium and inserts into femur. responsible for thigh extension
- an acute recurrent inflammatory infection transmitted through the bite of an infected deer tic
- wasting away literally "without development"
5 True/False questions
striated muscle → muscles that have striped apperances when viewed under a microscope.
photosensitivity → space between 2 connecting bones
electromyography → records strength of the muscle contraction when stimulated with electric current
arthralgia → reconstruction/repair of a joint (surgical)
arthroplasty → reconstruction/repair of a joint (surgical)