5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The first heart sound is associated with what mechanical event of the cardiac cycle?
- Which of the following diseases or disorders is most likely to result in an increased VD/VT ratio?
- HIPAA was established in 1996 to set standards related to sharing confidential health history information about patients. What does the letter "P" stand for?
- What is the most common route of pathogen transmission in the hospital setting?
- For which of the following purposes might a Venturi tube be used?
- a pulmonary embolus
- b I. to restore fluid pressure distal to a restricted orifice
II. to help keep entrainment ratios constant with varying flows
III. to make possible entrainment of large volumes of gas
1. I, II, and III ***
2. I and II
3. I and III
4. II and III
- c contact
- d atrioventricular valve closure
- e portability
5 Multiple choice questions
- Head's paradoxical
- sinus node
- 2 ml/kg ideal body weight
- 1. requirements and qualifications for licensure
2. scope of professional practice
3. professional code of ethics
5 True/False questions
What is your primary concern if you discover that a patient does not have a gag reflex? → fear of aspiration of bacteria or food
To what structures do the parietal pleural membranes adhere or cover? → Chevalier Jackson
Which of the following is NOT one of the five key recommended components of an infection control program in the hospital setting? → transpulmonary pressure gradient (Palv - Ppl)
The fetus is potentially viable if born at the end of which stage of development? → I. delivers oxygenated blood back to the heart
II. delivers unoxygenated blood to the lungs
III. originates on the left side of the heart
IV. originates on the right side of the heart
1. I and III
2. II and III
3. I and IV
4. II and IV ***
In International System (SI) units, what is any quantity of matter that contains 6.023 ´ 1023 atoms, molecules, or ions? → increase its volume