5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quality in the practice of respiratory care encompasses which of the following?
- Respiratory therapists must ensure that any oil or dust is cleared from high-pressure medical-gas delivery systems before pressurization. Why is this action needed?
- Why is the total mechanical work of breathing difficult to assess during spontaneous breathing?
- Blockage of the pulmonary arterial circulation to a portion of the lung would cause which of the following?
- What is the affect of damage to the recurrent laryngeal nerves?
- a Respiratory muscle activity contributes to inflation resistance.
- b vocal cord impairment or paralysis
- c increase in alveolar dead space
- d 1. method or manner in which care is provided
all of the above ***
3. personnel performing care
4. equipment used
5. level of experience of respiratory care providers
- e Adiabatic compression could ignite the oil or dust.
5 Multiple choice questions
- pulmonary embolus
- 43.8 mg/L
- 1. requirements and qualifications for licensure
2. scope of professional practice
3. professional code of ethics
- thinnest portion of the alveolar-capillary membrane
5 True/False questions
About how many people die each year in the United States from hospital-acquired infections (HAIs)? → 90,000
During which phase of fetal development do mature alveoli appear? → alveolar
The American National Standards Institute has set a water vapor content level of 30 mg/L as the minimum absolute humidity required for patients whose upper airways have been bypassed. This equals what body humidity (BH)? → 68%
Which of the following statements about the equal pressure point (EPP) is true? → SVR is normally approximately 10 times higher than PVR.
After placing a liquid into a small-diameter glass tube, you observe the formation of a convex (upwardly curved) meniscus. What conclusion is correct? → Strong cohesive forces exist among the liquid molecules.