5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In a democracy, the will of the majority...
- Legislative Power
- A federal government is one in which...
- According to the law of supply and demand, if strawberries become scarce due to a drought in berry-producing regions, what happens to the price of berries?
- a the price would rise
- b the body of fundamental laws setting out the principles, structures, and precesses of government
- c the power to make law and frame public policies
- d power is divided between a central government and local government
- e cannot be used to deprive rights to a member of a minority group
5 Multiple choice questions
- the power the interpret laws, determine their meaning, and settle disputes within a society
- the economic system in which freedom of choice is emphasized
- representative democracy
- the States have powers reserved to them in the Constitution
- the internet might provide a forum through which people could unite and rebel
5 True/False questions
Oligarchy → any system of government in which a small group holds power
John Locke believed... → did NOT lead to widespread on-line voting in the 2000 elections
What is Not a feature of all the states in today's world? → democracy
Unitary Government → requires that power be divided between a state's central and local levels of government
Where does sovereignty rest in a dictatorship? → with a single person