5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- States of Matter
- Atomic number
- About 96% of the human body is what 4 elements?
- Indicates an atom's outermost energy level (or that portion of it) containing the electrons that are chemically reactive.
- a is equal to the number of protons in its nucleus.
- b exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- c (CHON) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- d is the smallest unit resulting from the chemical bonding of two or more atoms.
- e valence shell
5 Multiple choice questions
- molecule of a compound.
- a chemical bond
- Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Radiant or Electromagnetic
5 True/False questions
Radioisotopes → The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
a substance that releases hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. also defined as proton donors. → solvent
(+) positive charge in the nucleus → Protons
What type of energy is available when we are still? When we are exercising? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.