5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (+) positive charge in the nucleus
- States of Matter
- Electrons forming the electron cloud around the nucleus of an atom occupy regions of space called...
- When atoms combine with other atoms, they are held together by...
- a exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- b simple sugars, are single-chain containing from three to seven carbon atoms.
- c a chemical bond
- d Protons
- e electron shells
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
- organic compound containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. A group of molecules that includes sugars and starches.
- covalent bonds
5 True/False questions
When two or more different kinds of atoms bind, they form a → molecule of a compound.
Electrical Energy → is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.
Substance present in the greatest amounts → solvent
Polymers → large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
(-) negative charge in the nucleus. Determine the chemical behavior of atoms. → Protons