5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another?
- Atomic number
- a unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- b (glucose + glucose) a disaccharide that is made up of two glucoses linked together, caused by starch and glycogen breakdown
- c Electrical energy - In your body, electrical currents are generated when charged particles called ions move along or across cell membranes. The nervous system uses electrical currents, called nerve impulses, to transmit messages from one part of the body to another.
- d is equal to the number of protons in its nucleus.
- e The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
5 Multiple choice questions
- Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
- is and average of relative weights (mass numbers) of all the isotopes of an element
- Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
5 True/False questions
Electrical Energy → is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.
About 96% of the human body is what 4 elements? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
Mechanical Energy → is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
the key to chemical reactivity is ... → is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
Polymers → unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.