5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical Energy
- The electron donor acquires a net positive charge called...
- (+) positive charge in the nucleus
- a cation
- b Protons
- c Nearly all known elements have two or more structural variations, which differ in the number of neutrons they contain.
- d is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
- e known as (saturated - fats) when solid or (unsaturated - oils) when liquid. composed of two types of building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
- is and average of relative weights (mass numbers) of all the isotopes of an element
- are basically flat molecules made of four interlocking hydrocarbon rings. (fat soluble and contain little oxygen)
- chief components of cell membranes. Participate in the transport of lipids in plasma, prevalent in nervous tissue
5 True/False questions
a substance that releases hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. also defined as proton donors. → Acid
When atoms combine with other atoms, they are held together by... → a chemical bond
What type of energy is available when we are still? When we are exercising? → Potential energy (PE) is available when we are still. PE is converted to kinetic (working) energy when we exercise.
Substance present in the greatest amounts → solvent
Radioisotopes → The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...