5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical Energy
- (+) positive charge in the nucleus
- a is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
- b Protons
- c Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
- d known as (saturated - fats) when solid or (unsaturated - oils) when liquid. composed of two types of building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
- e a positively charged ion
5 Multiple choice questions
- are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
- Potential energy (PE) is available when we are still. PE is converted to kinetic (working) energy when we exercise.
- covalent bonds
- a compound
5 True/False questions
Polymers → large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
Substance present in the greatest amounts → solutes
Reactive. → (glucose + galactose) a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule
Lactose → (glucose + fructose) a complex carbohydrate found in many plants and used as a sweetening agent
Isotopes → (glucose + galactose) a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule