5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Carbohydrates are stored in the form of
- What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another?
- a large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
- b a negatively charged ion
- c Glycogen
- d Electrical energy - In your body, electrical currents are generated when charged particles called ions move along or across cell membranes. The nervous system uses electrical currents, called nerve impulses, to transmit messages from one part of the body to another.
- e Nearly all known elements have two or more structural variations, which differ in the number of neutrons they contain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
- (glucose + glucose) a disaccharide that is made up of two glucoses linked together, caused by starch and glycogen breakdown
- exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- simple sugars, are single-chain containing from three to seven carbon atoms.
5 True/False questions
Reactive. → Atoms in which the outermost energy level contains fewer than eight electrons tend to gain,lose, or share electrons with other atoms to achieve stability. (incomplete)
Atoms that share electrons are said to posses → covalent bonds
Lipids → are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
cation → Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
The electron acceptor acquires a net negative charge called... → cation