5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass number
- States of Matter
- a is the smallest unit resulting from the chemical bonding of two or more atoms.
- b exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- c large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
- d is the sum of the masses of its protons and neutrons.
- e known as (saturated - fats) when solid or (unsaturated - oils) when liquid. composed of two types of building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
- covalent bonds
- is and average of relative weights (mass numbers) of all the isotopes of an element
5 True/False questions
Disaccharides → are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)
Reactive. → a positively charged ion
What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another? → Electrical energy - In your body, electrical currents are generated when charged particles called ions move along or across cell membranes. The nervous system uses electrical currents, called nerve impulses, to transmit messages from one part of the body to another.
Matter → that which has mass and occupies space and has mass. With some exceptions, it can be seen, smelled, and felt.
Chemical Energy → is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.