5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mechanical Energy
- Electrons forming the electron cloud around the nucleus of an atom occupy regions of space called...
- States of Matter
- a electron shells
- b is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
- c exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- d is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.
- e The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
5 Multiple choice questions
- Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
- is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
- a compound
- is the smallest unit resulting from the chemical bonding of two or more atoms.
5 True/False questions
Carbohydrates are stored in the form of → Glycogen
Substance present in smaller amounts → solvent
What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
Triglycerides → Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
Lipids → are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.