Upgrade to remove ads
soc 201 final
Terms in this set (22)
why is a practicum valuable?
oppertunity to experience, look good on resume
what can you do to maximize practiucm experience?
active stance = be a go-getter, self care / sustainability = prevent burnout, self management = control organization, reliablilty - seek variety of placements, learn as much as possible, learn from negitive experiences, network, keep a journal, treat it like a job.
attitudes that matter most to you
patience and service
skills that matter most to you
communicating, problem solving
habits that matter most to you
listening establishing boundries
list and describe theoretical skills, why so important?
realtional skills, vulnerability and warmth openess
what is soler?
sit square on
open body language
lean slightly in
how does theory guide practice
structure for organizing info, roadmap, express who i am and what i value
what are the 5 catagories of theoretical approach
1. psychodynamic - childhood insight
2. cognitive behavioral - the way i think influences the way i act and feel
3. relationship experiential oriented - capacity for recreation of self, people i know things i experience change me
4. post modern - people are competent, therapist just guides
5. integrative - thinking feeling acting human behavior - not same technique for everyone
explain at least 3 aspects of multicausality
there is rarely one cause to the problem
some problems are deeply rooted
same problem for different reasons
not all people react in the same way
11 intervention stratagies
1. care giving
2. case managing / counselling
3. teaching training coaching behavior training
4. group facilitating
6. mobilizing and advocating
7. consulting assist specialist
10. data collection and management
11. evaluating and researching
do counsellors have to be from the same ethnic or cultural background as their client
no but it helps, i would appriciate christian counsellor.
6 assumptions in helping realtionship influenced by cultural perspective
self disclosure - struggle to tell
family values - filial piety
non verbal - body language
trusting relationships - ear respect over time
self actualization - harmony of whole
directness and assertiveness - culturally appropriate
marks of a culturally competant professional
ongoing training, sensitivity, desire to learn
7 habits of highly effective people
1. be proactive - active stance
2. begin with the end in mind - create goals
3. put 1st things 1st - priorities
4. think win/win - both benefit
5. seek to understand then to be understood - considerate and courageous
6. synergize - creative cooperation
7. sharpen the saw - self care
use ETHIC to discuss factors that might be considered in determining ethical response to ethical dilemma
E- examine relevent professional values
T - think about ethical code that applies
H - hypothesize about possible consequences to decisions
I - identify who will benefit and who will be harmed
C - consult with supervisor and colleagues about choice
areas of concern addressed by NOHS ethical standards
clients, community, society, colleagues, profession, employers, self
elaborate on 8 areas of ethical consideration
competence, informed consent, confidentiality, abuse, dual relationships, liability, malpractice, ethics, technology
what is the predicament to living in a post modern age? way to liberation?
1. mystical way
2. revolutionary way
3. christian way
how can we lead men and women of today from where they are to a place where they can redeem people?
1. articulate - enter into complexities of life of inner self
2. compassionate - not afraid to sit in others suffering
3. contemplative - see image of God in others
how does acknowledgement of selves as wounded healers tie into ways we interact with others?
personal response - understand and be present
wait in life - be there to support
wait in death - support comfort
how does our acceptance of personal and professional loneliness connect with his ideas about hospitality?
hospitality and concentration
hospitality and community
You might also like...
Essentials of Human Communication (Eighth Edition)…
TEEN LEADERSHIP FINAL EXAM
Other sets by this creator
geo chap 41 42
pols 211 final