5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe what learning and motivation psychologists do
- what was the role of women in the early years of psychology
- What are the differences between pyschologists and psychiatrists
- Explain the importance of mainting a skeptical stance regarding claims in pyschology and other fields
- Idnetify a question that a psychologist studying psychopysics would try to answer
- a psychologists study systematic behavior and experience while psychiatrists deal with mental distrubances
- b "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- c in 1900 it was more open to women thatn other academic fields but the opporutinites were still limited
- d study how behavior depends on the outcomes of past behaviors and current motivations
- e it is necessary to analyze people's personality from small samples of their behavior
5 Multiple choice questions
- studying behaviorists found advantages with studying nonhuman animals to have more control. also nonhuman learning is simplier to understand. studied rates in mazes
- want to make sure equipment runs efficently and and safely
- scientists believe in the immediate causs of an event meaning they rely on determinism
- Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways
- 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
5 True/False questions
describe the school of psychology that he establish (Tichener) → he taught at cornell where he had students use a stimulus and he asked his subjects to analyze it into its seperate feautures
What did Galton contribute to the history of intelligence measurement in humans → 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
Who established functionalist psychology? → William James
What are the career prospects for someone who chooses to study psychology → they could end up going to medical, law, or divinity school.
what studies were conducted there → want to make sure equipment runs efficently and and safely