5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe ergonomics
- Descibe the functionalist approach to psychology
- What are the differences between pyschologists and psychiatrists
- What is the difference between clinical pyschologists and psychoanalysts
- describe the school of psychology that he establish (Tichener)
- a psychologists study systematic behavior and experience while psychiatrists deal with mental distrubances
- b he taught at cornell where he had students use a stimulus and he asked his subjects to analyze it into its seperate feautures
- c Clinicla psychologists have an advanced degree in psychology with a speciality in understanding and helping people with psychological problems. Psychoanalysts are therapy providers who rely heavily on the theories and methods pioneered by the 20th century vieneese physician stigmund frued
- d want to make sure equipment runs efficently and and safely
- e to learn how people produce useful behaviors
5 Multiple choice questions
- psychology today ranges from the study of simple sensory processes to interventions intented to change whole communites cognitive psychologists today carefully meausre the accuracy and speed of responses under many situations to draw interences about the process. another field is neuroscience. psychologists today have also broadened their scope to include more of human diversity
- John B. watson- a field of psychology that concentrates on observable, measurebale behaviors and not a menal process
- the philosophical question of how experience relates to the brain. Scientists see brain activity using the technique called PET. It shows that neither brain activity nor mental activity causes the other; rather, brain activity and mental activitity are they same thing
- "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
5 True/False questions
what were some studies done to examine the cross-cultural issues → he studied psychology of the sense organs to cultural differences in behavior with emphases on motivation, voluntary control, and cognitive processes
Describe what biological psychologists → tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
What was Tichener's contribution to psychology → William James
Descibe school psychology → specializes in the psychological condition of students
Briefly descibe some of the history of inteligence measurement in human → 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.