5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Idnetify a question that a psychologist studying psychopysics would try to answer
- Descibe the functionalist approach to psychology
- describe the school of psychology that he establish (Tichener)
- who established the first psychological laboratory
- Desribe the nature-nurture issue. Give an example of a question
- a to learn how people produce useful behaviors
- b he taught at cornell where he had students use a stimulus and he asked his subjects to analyze it into its seperate feautures
- c "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- d An example of how differences in behavior relate to differences in heredity and environment. EX: Why do most little boys spend more time than little girls with toy guns and trucks and less time with dolls?
- e Wilhem Wundt
5 Multiple choice questions
- studies how an individual influences other people and how the group influences an individual
- they could end up going to medical, law, or divinity school.
- Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways
- revolutionized and popularized psychotherapy with his methods of analyzing patients dreams and memories.frueds infleunce has decreased over time because his evidence was weak
- tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
5 True/False questions
What is the mind-brain problem? Briedly explain the research that bears on this debate, and what this research shows → the philosophical question of how experience relates to the brain. Scientists see brain activity using the technique called PET. It shows that neither brain activity nor mental activity causes the other; rather, brain activity and mental activitity are they same thing
examples of cross-cultural issues in psychology → Cuisine
what was the role of women in the early years of psychology → the approach of structalism- an attempt to describe the structures that compose the mind
descibe some of the features that characterize the study of psychology today → to learn how people produce useful behaviors
What is the difference between clinical pyschologists and psychoanalysts → Clinicla psychologists have an advanced degree in psychology with a speciality in understanding and helping people with psychological problems. Psychoanalysts are therapy providers who rely heavily on the theories and methods pioneered by the 20th century vieneese physician stigmund frued