• ICCPR Article 27 - Right to language
• ICESCR - Groups referred to throughout.
• Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious or Linguistic Minorities
• Rio Declaration on the Environment and Development
• Many other references in other pieces of international law
• Considered group rights.
• Why do you thin Rio Declaration on the Environment and Development is included?
• "has a well-founded fear of persecution because of his/her race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion
• Is outside his/her country or origin
• Is unable or willing to avail him/herself of the protection of that country to return there
• State Obligations
o Provide asylum and ensure the fulfillment of all human rights an individual enjoys under international law
o Critically- Principle of non- refoulement (no return)
o Encourage cooperation with Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Other sets by this creator
Genesis Company have done the following accounting tasks during the year.
_____Analyzing and interpreting information.
_____Classifying economic events.
_____Explaining uses, meaning, and limitations of data.
_____Keeping a systematic chronological diary of events.
_____Measuring events in dollars and cents.
_____Preparing accounting reports.
_____Reporting information in a standard format.
_____Selecting economic activities relevant to the company.
_____Summarizing economic events.
Accounting is “an information system that identifies, records, and communicates the economic events of an organization to interested users.”
Categorize the accounting tasks performed by Genesis as relating to either the identification (I), recording (R), or communication (C) aspects of accounting.
The United States has a strong voice in the global community and is a member of a number of large international bodies, such as the UN, NATO, NAFTA, and the WTO. Often, U.S. alliances are trade-based or are otherwise strategic. What are the costs and benefits of the U.S. government maintaining relationships with foreign nations? With international organizations? Explain your answer in a short paragraph. Give support for your reasoning.