Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (30)
Moral principles by which
people conduct themselves
personally, socially, or
Beliefs about what is right
or wrong based upon
individual morals/ values &
Rules based on moral principles
about how businesses and
employees ought to conduct
TRUE OR FLASE
and industries have the same
areas of responsibility (business ethics)
a. to the general public
b. to customers
c. to investors
d. to employees
Unethical business practices
- Offering merchandise known to
- Treating customers or
A shop or factory in which
workers are employed for long
hours at low wages and under
A conflict between self
interest and professional obligation
Conflict of interest
TRUE OR FALSE
Conflict of interest is a major
ethical question that is generally
is a government agency that champion the cause of work safety and health in the Philippines. It sets and enforces work related health and safety rules.
A set of guidelines for maintaining ethics in the workplace.
Code of ethics
• Is it against the law? Does it violate company or professional
• Even if everyone is doing it, how would I feel if someone did this to me?
• Am I sacrificing long -term benefits for short-term gains?
The Ethical Decision
1. Identify the ethical dilemma.
2. Discover alternative actions.
3. Decide who might be affected.
4. List the probable effects of the alternatives.
5. Select the best alternative
TRUE OR FALSE
The social responsibility of business does not take into consideration all that business does or does not do to solve the problems of society.
means that companies take
responsibility for the impact of their
(business) activities on society. It is a
question of finding the right balance
between the three P's:
Corporate social responsibility