5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Non metabolic disease of the bone. Out of control of the osteoclast. Uncommon, causing excessive destruction of the bone structure due to the overaction of the osteoclast.
- A generalized infection of bone and bone marrow resulting from a bacterial infection
- Also known as osteosarcoma; is most common malignant bone tumor with common sites being the distal femur, the proximal tibia, the proximal humerus.
- Abnormal lateral (sideward) curvature of a portion of the spine.
- A malignant tumor of bones, common in young adults particularly adolescent boys
5 True/False questions
Osteomalacia → A disease in which bones become abnormally soft due to decreased levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood (rickets)
Osteochondroma → Most common benign bone marrow tumor, usually located within the bone marrow cavity
Kyphosis → Abnormal outward curvature of a portion of the spine, also known as humpback or hunchback.
Talipes equinovarus → club foot
DEXA Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry → This procedure measures bone density within 2-3% accuracy of the bone's actual density