5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A generalized infection of bone and bone marrow resulting from a bacterial infection
- Abnormal lateral (sideward) curvature of a portion of the spine.
- Abnormal inward curvature of a portion of the spine, also known as swayback
- Abnormal outward curvature of a portion of the spine, also known as humpback or hunchback.
- A malignant tumor of bones, common in young adults particularly adolescent boys
5 True/False questions
Osteoporosis → Predominately in females, fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
Talipes equinovarus → Non metabolic disease of the bone. Out of control of the osteoclast. Uncommon, causing excessive destruction of the bone structure due to the overaction of the osteoclast.
Dual photon absorptiometry → This procedure measures bone density within 2-3% accuracy of the bone's actual density
DEXA Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry → This procedure measures bone density within 2-3% accuracy of the bone's actual density
Bone Marrow Aspiration → Is the process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microsccope.